Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Sports Talk << Prev Page of 521 Next >>
Topic: The Squared Circle Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 April 2019 at 2:42am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Did Beefcake ever hold a belt? Besides his barber gimmick he literally carried Hogan's bags for years.

The HoF is a joke it's PR thing for WM weekend.  

Anyone actually excited for WM? Besides Kofi/Bryan and the women's match I really don't care much.  
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 April 2019 at 11:07am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Eh, not really.

Angle vs. Corbin only interests me because it is Angle's last match.

The Womens' Championship match will likely end with the wrong winner (not Becky).

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 April 2019 at 1:01pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Well, let's see how things go tonight.  I think it's a solid card, although I agree it doesn't have that 'big' Wrestlemania feel.  The women's main event does but I think Lesnar is completely dead in the water and nothing will get people up for his matches anymore.  Bryan and Kofi feels like a b-level PPV main event, although I'm enjoying Kofi getting a push.

Anyway, my predictions, based on nothing.

Lynch beats Rousey, so Flair can say she never lost her title.

Rollins beats Lesnar (although it feels like Lesnar 'should' lose every year but he doesn't.)

Bryan beats Kofi - this is probably the one I'd be least surprised to be wrong about.

HHH beats Batista - I only hope HHH realizes this match needs to be fast and hard-hitting and not one of his dull-ass 30 minute 'epics.'

Reigns beats McIntyre - I still expect McIntyre to be heel champ before the year is out, probably to crown Roman at next year's Mania (because isn't that always the plan?)

Angle squashes Corbin, although I still think it's possible there's a swerve in here, but I have no idea what it would be.

Styles beats Orton - This could be a great match but Orton's DOA for me too.  But Styles would benefit from beating him.

Miz beats Shane - I hate any build-up involving a McMahon because they show no weakness whatsoever but they always lose when they're supposed to.

Joe beats Rey

Balor beats Lashley

I guess Bayley and Sasha retain?  

I don't know anything about Buddy Murphy or Tony Nese.  I guess the champion retains.

Going out on a limb, I think Andrade wins the Battle Royal.

Asuka wins the women's battle royal since she got screwed out of her mania title match (and should really be beating Charlotte.)

Ricochet and Black win the Smackdown tag titles.

Revival retain.

And I guess Cena is going to have a match against .. someone.  Which he'll win.  Maybe Elias?  

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 April 2019 at 1:06pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

No major predictions, but....

I will be surprised if Becky wins the championship. She should, but I don't trust them to pull the trigger just yet.

If this actually is Angle's last match, he's losing. Wrestlers rarely win their retirement match.

I hope Miz beats Shane clean.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Harrison
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 April 2019 at 2:39pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Realistically you so many babyfaces that should go over Roman returning, Kofi & Becky, even Seth cuz God knows Brock has become a waste but will all of them no.  

you have two career ending matches Angle and HHH  which diminishes Angle

No Cena or Undertaker I'm Cena ends up somewhere in the mix 

Then half of the card I could care less about 

Orton/Aj could have been something if they played it better Orton dishonorable discharged from The Maines AJ the son of a marine but this whole indy thing against the established WWE guy is so tired

And why in the hell would anyone try to tackle Bret Hart at the HoF?  The world is getting scary 

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 April 2019 at 7:08am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Mania was fine, everything seemed to go according to a solid basic plan. It was just too damn long. It felt like the crowd was trying to save itself for Kofi and Becky but the main event didn't start until midnight and that's just insanely long. Two or three of those matches needed to go. There were long stretches where the crowd was completely silent, especially during HHH/Batista.

Good for Becky and Kofi. And good for WWE for realizing at some point the smart thing to do is give the fans what they actually want.

And next year - just saying - maybe Roman Reigns can main event :)

John Harrison
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 April 2019 at 4:31pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Kofi/Bryan stole the show most of it I skipped thru.  

The Hall/Nash thing was stupid at least 4 matches could went.  HHH/Bastia gets how long but Angle got 6 minutes maybe he can't do much the guy is a legend 

I almost wonder if they need make it a legit 2 day event idk 

Brock was prob home before the show ended and he lives in Canada 

Edited by John Harrison on 08 April 2019 at 4:32pm

John Harrison
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 April 2019 at 7:37pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/the-killing-of-bruiser- brody/5c1a925cbe40777bcd280731?playlist=57a204a28cb727dec795 136b

Viceland has the first episode up 

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 May 2019 at 9:15pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

The Von Erich documentary on Viceland is pretty great - there's no really new insight or revelations but Kevin Von Erich is pretty captivating telling the story again.  Given his age, he seems more emotionally charged than he has in some other interviews.  It's really worth watching for sure.

John Harrison
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 May 2019 at 10:06pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I was surprised at the lack of mention for Lacey Von Erich

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 May 2019 at 12:06pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Ric Flair has been  hospitalized again for surgery.  It was first reported as significant but that's been backed off a bit.  Still, at his age and what he's put himself through, any health issue should be concerning.

Also, former Diva winner Ashley Massaro passed away at 39 years of age.  Recent updates are saying Massaro took her own life.

Edited by John Popa on 18 May 2019 at 4:44pm

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 June 2019 at 1:25pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Sad to hear about Ashley...seems she suffered from depression. Flair seems to be recovering well after surgery so that's good news.

Anyone catch WWE's Stomping Grounds on Sunday? I hear there were some good matches.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

<< Prev Page of 521 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |