Movies MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Movies << Prev Page of 69
Topic: What’s the last movie you saw in a theater? Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

L’Homme Diabolique

Posted: 13 May 2017 at 3:26pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

KING ARTHUR: LEGEND OF THE SWORD

I suppose I liked it a smidge more than David; whatever my reaction was, I wasn't bored.

Why this is called KING ARTHUR is beyond me.  I'm pretty flexible when it comes to adaptations of the Arthurian myths because those stories evolved and changed so much through the centuries, but this had virtually nothing to do with Arthur.  A mixture of Tolkein, Game of Thrones, Robin Hood filtered through Guy Ritchie, but not King Arthur.

Charlie Hunnam's swagger was almost enough to distract me from him being about 15 years too old for the role, but no one else in the cast made much of an impression.  Guy Ritchie's frantic cheekiness is even less well suited to a pseudo-Medieval era than Victorian London. 

Another film where the FX and action scenes are all dark and/or rainy.  They might as well just put up a black screen with a subtitle of what we're supposed to be seeing. 

But, it was a rainy, dreary Saturday afternoon and this killed two hours without me falling asleep ...
Back to Top profile | search | www | email

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2017 at 8:21am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol2.

I'll post my full thoughts in the dedicated thread, but I liked it overall, despite it creaking under its own bloat at times. 
Back to Top profile | search

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 June 2017 at 7:27am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Wonder Woman, which I liked a lot up to a certain point. Thought it lost its way a little in the final third, but Gal Gadot is so right for the role that the movie still left me with a kind of magic buzz long after I'd left the theatre.

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 June 2017 at 11:06pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Wonder Woman, loved it!  Didn't think it was the best movie ever made, mind you, but I did love it!  I plan on seeing it again. 

Marc

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 June 2017 at 10:33am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Saw THE MUMMY this past week, planning on WONDER WOMAN tomorrow, for Father's Day.

Robert Bradley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 June 2017 at 1:32pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Wonder Woman, which went from "loving it" to "liked it" after a weak conclusion.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Tim O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 26 June 2017 at 3:06pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

SKID ROW MARATHON (2017) - This is a new documentary that was shown as part of the LA Film Festival a few weeks ago. A Los Angeles Superior Court judge starts a long distance running club out of Midnight Mission, a downtown recovery house for the homeless. The movie is structured around the runners and their stories as we follow them in training for marathons in Senegal and Rome. While the marathons give the overall movie its structure, it's the stories of the runners that give this movie its real impact.

It was the audience award as well as the juried LA Muse documentary award, so I hope that translates into some kind of theatrical or TV distribution so people can see this wonderful film.

Back to Top profile | search | email

Tim O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 29 June 2017 at 9:21am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

DRAMATIC ESCAPE (2015) - This doc features inmates at the Sing Sing prison in New York as they put on a play - they rehearse and perform Aaron Sorkin's A FEW GOOD MEN.  This is an engrossing and emotional story about forgotten men in prison, and at the same time we see them connect with a powerful contemporary work.  It's fascinating to see them wrestle with the intricacies of performing, from the basics of memorization to the connection they make with their characters, the play, and their fellow inmates.

I saw this as part of a program on rehabilitation through the arts, but I understand it aired on PBS last year, so there is chance that this will drop up on broadcast TV.  Highly recommended!

Ryan Maxwell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2017 at 4:23pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

DISPICABLE ME 3. Boring, I didn't so much as smile a single time.  Even the kids hated it. This formula has run its course, it was far worse than the second one. The Minion Movie was so funny, too. 

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2017 at 5:07pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

(Yikes... that's a bummer, Ryan... we are probably going to see that tomorrow, too!)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 69
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |