Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | TV << Prev Page of 265 Next >>
Topic: What disc did you have in last and... (TV Edition) Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 July 2019 at 1:53pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I did not know that about her being pregnant and such. Interesting. 
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 02 August 2019 at 5:17pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Watching post-Emily FRIENDS. Tonight caught up to “The One with Chandler’s Work Laugh”, which is the one in which Joey is seen with copies of GENERATIONS.

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 August 2019 at 5:24pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

QUOTE:
My paternal grandmother was 4'11", as was one of my College girlfriends. Now THAT'S short.

My wife is 5'. At 5'10", I'm the munchkin in my family. But the height difference definitely ruins any dancing cheek to cheek. (Her best friend is 4'11", so it's always a double-take for me to see them together and observe a person finally shorter than my wife.)

Edited by Michael Penn on 02 August 2019 at 5:30pm

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 August 2019 at 5:28pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Speaking of my wife, she recently marathoned through all of FRIENDS herself, and I caught some of the episodes with her. I was surprised not to have recalled how many of my favorites were in the early seasons, even Season 1, and how by Season 4 the show was losing its charm. If not for the new romantic engine of Chandler & Monica, I am not sure that Season 5 would have held onto me as a viewer. In any event, in realtime viewing, Season 6 lost me.

John Byrne

Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 02 August 2019 at 5:51pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

FRIENDS held me until Season 9. Season 10 they lost me to TRU CALLING.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 August 2019 at 9:31pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

My mom used to be 4’9”. She has shrunk in her old age to 4’7 1/2”. The way cars are built now, she can’t even see out the door windows in the driver’s seat. 

Tyler Kloster
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 August 2019 at 12:02pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Speaking of my wife, she recently marathoned through all of FRIENDS herself, and I caught some of the episodes with her. I was surprised not to have recalled how many of my favorites were in the early seasons, even Season 1, and how by Season 4 the show was losing its charm. If not for the new romantic engine of Chandler & Monica, I am not sure that Season 5 would have held onto me as a viewer. In any event, in realtime viewing, Season 6 lost me.

That's funny. Season 5 is when I started watching and became a fan (had only seen 2 episodes before that point), and it and season 4 are my favorite seasons of the whole series.

John Byrne

Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 03 August 2019 at 1:14pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Season 5, which I’m currently watching, is probably my favorite. In later seasons the show began to fall victim to the real world, as with writing in Jennifer Aniston’s anticipated pregnancy, which didn’t happen.

Tyler Kloster
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 August 2019 at 7:40am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

The secret Monica-Chandler relationship of season 5 was a great hook for someone like me who was aware of the show but not that familiar with it. I remember feeling weird at how quickly it seemed to be over years later watching the whole series on DVD when it only made up a night or two of binge watching instead of playing out over several months or even a few weeks in syndicated reruns (the once daily kind, not the current 6-8 episode blocks of today on TBS or Nick).

The season that really hasn't held up as well for me these days is season 8, which for a long time, including when it first aired, I would have put right up there at the top. And it did win the show's only Emmy for Best Comedy. But the farther we get from the context in which it first aired, where it was comfort food for so many of us right after 9/11, it feels more "ordinary". It still had a few gems like the Brad Pitt episode, even if that one feels kind of sad now in its own way.

John Byrne

Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 05 August 2019 at 7:43am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Just starting Season 6, and remembering this is when Ross began to turn more and more into a caricature, a cartoon even.

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 August 2019 at 8:00am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

An odd direction to have taken Ross in, wasn't it, considering he was among the "friends" the romantic lead from the start? Meanwhile, originally quirky oddball Phoebe had ultimately had a much more balanced character even up to the final episode.

John Byrne

Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 05 August 2019 at 8:45am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Ross, with his failed marriage (to a lesbian!) and unrequited love for Rachel, started out of a sad sack, but kind of devolved into the writers punching bag.

<< Prev Page of 265 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |