Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | TV << Prev Page of 167
Topic: Speaking of video games... Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 22 February 2020 at 4:18am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Just finished SNIPER GHOST WARRIOR: CONTRACTS.  Yes, that's a mouthful.  Fun game but  it comes with a ton of bugs that will kick you out of a contract unexpectedly.  It is certainly modeled after the recent hit HITMAN series of games in that there is no real "campaign" (except the convoluted story to get your character to where they are), but a series of contracts to be fulfilled though five maps.  It steals a TON from SNIPER ELITE from it's stealth play to it's bullet cam to it's maps, but the sum is certainly less than the story driven parts of the whole.  In short, it's a fine game to bridge the gap, so to speak, between releases of ELITE but it's a pale substitute.  I will say that the environment is gorgeous and the moding fairly effortless, whereas the ELITE games are often muddled.  

This game is a recommend with a caveat that I wouldn't pay full price.  
Back to Top profile | search

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 28 February 2020 at 2:18am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Started playing SAM'S STORY, the DLC that recently came out for METRO EXODUS.  While fun, it's got the same thing about it (that I can't quite put my finger on) that made me love/hate the first game.  I particularly hated the battle with the boss in the first two chapters, that being with the "batwing". The game, up until that point, had never taught you how to face a boss like that.  Never even came close to forcing it upon you, but here you were thrust into a fighting mechanism that (to me) felt at odds with everything that came before.  So I put it on pause and started...

THE OUTER WORLDS.  It's basically a well-done mashup of FALLOUT and BOARDERLANDS.  I've barely dipped my toe into its waters, but the familiarity is overwhelming.  Like putting on a comfortable, well worn pair of shoes.  There's nothing new here (so far), but it's a tale well told.  I can already tell that it's going to take 80 to 100 hours at least to finish this game, so take that into consideration.  The visuals are stunning on a 4k TV, the voice work is compelling and the atmosphere of the first planet is palpable.  Worldbuilding at it's finest right out of the gate.  Matt like.

Robin Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 March 2020 at 7:38pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I just started Resident Evil 2 for the first time ever. This game is gorgeous on PC and smooths over a lot of the stuff I find super annoying about the Resident Evil games.

RT
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 March 2020 at 8:48pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Has anyone played RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 on PC? I'm considering a purchase but I've found previous Rock Star Games games nearly unplayable in Windows.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 26 March 2020 at 8:47pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

So hit me up with some video game recommendations. In this age of unemployment due to the Covid-19, I'm racing through my back catalogue! 

I wrapped THE OUTERS WORLDS last week and it was an absolute joy.  HIGHLY recommended.

I'm currently playing through HITMAN 2.  A fun game to play for a couple of hours at a pop, but I really miss a solo campaign with an overarching story.

Bought BOARDERLANDS 3 and CONTROL yesterday.  Both on sale on the PS store this week.  Heard great things about CONTROL and it's only $23 (haven't seen it for less than $39.99 on the PS store or $49.99 at retailers).  BOARDERLANDS will be BOARDERLANDS.  I loved the first two games, so I'm sure this will be no different.

Finally, still co-op playing THE DIVISION 2 with Simko.  We just reached Roosevelt Island and I'll be damned if it isn't the toughest mission yet.  Tons of fun.  We also played A WAY OUT.  Really fun game.  Mostly puzzles and some low key gun battles, but a really fun story.  Won't spoil it, but the ending wasn't what either one of us was expecting.  It has to be played with another person, but only one of you need to purchase it.  The other can piggyback, which is pretty cool.

So...what say you?

Robin Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2020 at 5:56pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I really really liked Control though on the OG Xbox One the framerate is BRUTAL. I bought Doom Eternal and Ori and both are really really hard. Doom Eternal is nothing like Doom 2016 and more mechanically difficult and less fun and funny. Ori and the Will of the Wisps is fantastic but also relentlessly hard so if you are not good at or don't dig platformers it may not be for you. Doom Eternal has a TON of platforming too.

Hit me up if you want a co-op pal anytime

xbox:darvin111
psn: darvin111
steam: darvin11

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 28 March 2020 at 12:36am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I'm down, but will you play DIVISION 2?  We desperately need another member! 

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 28 March 2020 at 12:41am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Robin Taylor wrote:
Doom Eternal is nothing like Doom 2016 and more mechanically difficult and less fun and funny.

This will drive me away from it, so good to know. I hate grinding though a game and this sounds like work.  I think I'll pass right now. 

Robin Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 March 2020 at 7:20am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I have Division 2 on all platforms so it me up

RT

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 167
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |