Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | TV << Prev Page of 165 Next >>
Topic: Speaking of video games... Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 1:56pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Matt,

Yeah I have the same problems with "Dead Eye".  There is a scene during one of the missions where a bad guy has a gun to a womans head and shoots her almost immediately after you kick open the door, I had to replay that several times until I got "Dead Eye" right.

I agree on the world, the lighting and environment is amazing. 
Back to Top profile | search | www

Robert Walsh
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2010 at 5:11am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I'm not wild about Indy 2. The hub area is nice and expansive, but the levels themselves are rarely very big. Most only take up about two screens. And they moved canister hunt to the hub, so there's not replay value to any particular episode. And I come close to not liking the vehicle levels.

It's not a bad game, but none of their changes to the Lego formula are really improvements, although I think the new hub system has a lot of potential
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2010 at 6:38am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Steam has a summer sale going on. Started June 24th, ends July 4th. They have tons of discounts on games AND daily specials. I picked up Left4Dead Game of the Year Edition for $6.80 last night *. The specials change at either noon or 1pm EST - I forget which. Some games are even discounted 75% off!

I'm hoping they have Borderlands as one of the daily specials before its over with.

* Left4Dead 2 was on sale as a daily special several days ago, but I forget how much it was; I didn't buy it.

Edited by Brian Floyd on 01 July 2010 at 6:38am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Robert Walsh
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2010 at 1:31pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Just picked up Lego Harry Potter.

You can see them trying something a little different here with you learning spells and how to mix potions, but three levels in and the only combat I've seen has been the Troll In The Bathroom, which is a typical boss fight where actual attacks don't work.

I finished the first level without realizing that I had gotten out of the hub system, which sort of shows you the major flaw of the game thus far. Hopefully it gets better or it grows on me.

I wish they had a more centralized hub system. One thing the original Star Wars games had was a very easy to use central hub, something that has gotten more and more complicated with each installment. It's probably on par with the first Indiana Jones, where stuff is spread out all over, but isn't too hard to find once you get the hang of it. Not like Indy 2 where you were trekking all over the hub looking for characters and level entrances.

Glenn Brenner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2010 at 4:27pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Yeah I have the same problems with "Dead Eye". There is a scene during one of the missions where a bad guy has a gunto a womans head and shoots her almost immediately after you kick openthe door, I had to replay that several times until I got "Dead Eye"right.

After a few times, I just climbed around the house and shot him in the back through the window behind him!

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 02 July 2010 at 10:57am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Robert Walsh wrote:
And I come close to not liking the vehicle levels.

Agreed.  Those were the most frustrating to me. They were also the most frustrating to me with Lego Star Wars. Many of the vehicles in both games are hard to control for me and I got very frustrated trying to run over the Lego pieces you have to collect before they disappeared. That's why I was apprehensive about the vehicle levels of Lego Batman, but I've ended up liking those a ton.  What they did differently with that game is that you didn't have to run over the Lego pieces to get them.  As soon as you destroyed something, they were added to your total ala the bonus 1,000,000 levels of the Indy games.  I like that a ton. 

Dwayne Gassmann
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 July 2010 at 5:00pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

The thing I enjoyed about the Lego Indy 2 game was the way you could move about the levels. Getting into a plane and flying around was fun for me. One of the things that I found disappointing was the amount of customizing you had to do to complete the game. Not a big fan of that sort of thing and I still have not finished it 100%.

Edited by Dwayne Gassmann on 06 July 2010 at 10:17am
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 July 2010 at 5:49pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Steam has Borderlands on sale today for less than $11. The DLC for it is also on sale.

I bought the game and the General Knoxx DLC, but its going to take a long time to download (I assume the download servers are clogged due to the sale).

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 02 July 2010 at 7:17pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I'm sorry, but could you expalin what the hell "Steam" is?  I have no idea what you're talking about.

Thom Price
Byrne Robotics Member

L’Homme Diabolique

Posted: 02 July 2010 at 7:24pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

It's an online game platform/store.

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Trevor Smith
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 July 2010 at 7:25pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Steam is an on-line shop for buying PC games, as well as
sort of a social networking kind of system for users. I'm
not sure, but I think it was started by Valve for
distributing it's own games, but it seems to have grown
waaaay beyond that!

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 02 July 2010 at 8:22pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Ah, thanks for the info, guys.  It's for PC games.  I'm a console guy, so it's a no-go for me!

<< Prev Page of 165 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |