Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 103
Topic: What are you reading now? Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author

Busy Doing Nothing!

Posted: 22 May 2018 at 8:01pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Received today the latest -- in many ways -- volume of DAN DARE, collected by Titan Books from the EAGLE comics of the Fifties and Sixties.

This one, tho titled "The Earth Stealers" also contains the preceding serial, "The Platinum Planet". Especially fun to read the latter, as my English auntie who used to send me bundles of EAGLE had missed the first episode. It wasn't until years later that I realized this, however, as the second episode does a fine job of bringing the reader up to speed. So good a job, in fact, they did not even include the customary "Story So Far" synopsis.

Back to Top profile | search

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2018 at 8:24pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Iím starting Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs tonight. 
Back to Top profile | search

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2018 at 10:15pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Just finished Close to the Edge: How Yes's Masterpiece Defined Prog Rock by Will Romano, one of the best books on music I've ever read, and that isn't my favorite album even. The author writes he spent ten years on this and it really shows. Interviews not only with the Yes musicians before and after this particular album, and studio technicians, but also managers, and artists in other groups who appeared alongside Yes live and often have real insights and stories that shed light on the Yes recordings.

A 'Backbeat' book it can stand next to Robert Rodriguez' book on the Beatles' Revolver album from just a few years ago.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 103
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |