Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Sports Talk << Prev Page of 57
Topic: Around The NBA Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 February 2018 at 2:25pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Cavs look better to me.
The locker room didn't seem to like Thomas and  Calderon was playing pretty good before he returned.

I'm happy for Wade.
Back to Top profile | search

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 February 2018 at 4:45pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

They're way younger anyway, though both Hill and Hood have been injury prone.  I agree Thomas was not a good fit. 

I'd imagine Hill and Hood eventually start, which works since they were teammates last year in Utah.  Hill is solid and steady but not nearly as explosive as IT or DRose or DWade in their primes (obviously there was a consensus, likely correct, that such days are over for all three, at least by LeBron's end-of-the-season timetable.)  Hood is probably the most talented piece Cleveland got and he should be a nice young wing alongside LeBron.  Clarkson should anchor the second unit as he did with LA.   They're still short of big men though, particularly until Love returns.  Nance is a body but he's not the answer. 

They'll be more athletic and the youth can't hurt them defensively.  Ultimately I don't think they're appreciably better-equipped to beat GS but the youth infusion puts them in a better position to reset if LeBron does jump ship and they did it without giving up what could be a Brooklyn lottery pick next year. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 February 2018 at 5:04pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

" Ultimately I don't think they're appreciably better-equipped to beat GS but the youth infusion puts them in a better position to reset if LeBron does jump ship and they did it without giving up what could be a Brooklyn lottery pick next year. "

You hit it on the nose there, Rick.
The biggest (non) move was keeping that pick.

As for GS I'm sure they'll be less "fried" after the All-Star break but man the Rockets are FOR REAL.
Back to Top profile | search

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 February 2018 at 11:01am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

And right on cue, the Rockets acquire seven time All Star Joe Johnson along with Brandan Wright for just about nothing after they are bought out by their teams.  Johnson is really old but provides instant offense as a reserve.

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2018 at 12:15am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

It's just one game but the newly reconstituted Cavs' demolition of the Celtics in Boston has to put them right in the thick of the race to reach the Finals.  If they and GS return again, that would be four straight years facing off in the championship, unprecedented in all of professional sports. 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2018 at 1:33am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Lonzo Ball will be playing for a team other than the Lakers when his contract runs out in 2021, if not before, if he doesn't grow a pair and shut down his father.

LaVar says Lonzo won't re-sign with the team unless they sign LiAngelo. In fact, LaVar wants all 3 of his sons to play for the Lakers.

OH, HELL NO!!

LaVar is enough of a pain in the ass with just one son on the team. Losing Lonzo would be no big deal if the alternative is having one or both of his brothers on the team. In fact, if Lonzo goes along with his father's `ultimatum', I'm all for trading him to one of the worst teams in the league for draft picks. Even if they're all low round picks.

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2018 at 9:44am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

If that lunatic were any other parent nobody would even be hearing his rants.  Yet ESPN keeps giving LaVar the microphone.  Despite a nice passing game and some rebounds, #2 pick Lonzo has been a relative washout (terrible shooting, 48% FT, soso defending, passivity at crunch time).  If IT keeps playing like he did in his Lakers debut, I'm not even sure Lonzo finishes out his contract in LA, though a trade now would be perceived as selling low.   I can't speak for the country but NOBODY in LA likes LaVar Ball.  NOBODY.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2018 at 2:45pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I could see giving LaVar some leeway if he was a former superstar athlete, but he wasn't that great a basketball player in college, and had a lousy career as a pro football player. He doesn't even know how contracts work, apparently, because he thinks Lonzo can just up and walk away from the team in two years if they don't get their (his) way.

Pardon my language, but there will be no fucks given by me if Lonzo goes elsewhere. Because as Rick said, he's not that good, and his father is a walking headache who will probably kill all his sons' careers if at least one of them doesn't tell him to shut up.

Edited by Brian Floyd on 14 February 2018 at 1:08am

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 February 2018 at 3:04pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

LaVar was a 2.2 PPG scorer for 26 games for Washington State in 1987-88, a 13-16 team ranked 184th that year. He never even really played in the NFL, just on practice squads or in the offseason and only briefly. 

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 February 2018 at 3:11pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

This is easily the most frank, fascinating conversation Kobe and Shaq have ever had.  A shame they couldn't have sat down and had it before their infantile feud drove them apart.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 57
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |