Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Sports Talk << Prev Page of 64
Topic: Around The NBA Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 October 2018 at 11:25am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Rondo is a curiosity.  So many physical liabilities from his 6 foot height to his skinny girth yet his toughness and guile frequently made him among the leaders in rebounds among PG.  He's super-bright with exceptional court vision and remains one of the very best distributors in the league yet a weak outside shot and his contrary nature seems to have prevented greater success / stability after a productive if contentious 9 year Boston run.  He's on his 5th team in 5 years since but wherever he goes he seems to get the loyalty and respect of his teammates if not his coaches and management.

The spit was bush league but he and Paul have long had bad blood so it's just the latest chapter in an ongoing hatefest.  It may sound strange given the way he alienates coaches but I actually think Rondo would make a good coach himself once he hangs 'em up. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 October 2018 at 4:44pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I've always liked Rondo and wished he would of made it to the Pistons many times, but spitting at someone is just plain disgusting. I'd rather see someone throw a punch. I remember when Roberto Alomar spit on an ump, it changed the way I looked at him from then on.
Back to Top profile | search

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 October 2018 at 1:09pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Rondo is now strongly denying there was anything intentional and says he "exasperated" as he was telling Paul to get the #(*%# out of there and that his mouthpiece would've precluded anything more.  He also points out that his body language was nothing like it would be if he tried to spit on a guy when he'd have to expect a strong and immediate reaction (his hands are on his hips and he actually looks away, hardly a defensive position) right after the moment of the alleged move.  It appears spit did wind up on Paul but I've seen that happen many times when guys jaw loudly at each other in close quarters like that.  I think I believe him. 

Edited by Rick Senger on 23 October 2018 at 1:13pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 64
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |