Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Movies << Prev Page of 30
Topic: Spider-Man: Homecoming - SPOILERS start Pg 22 Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 July 2017 at 8:09am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I am an old cynic, but that sounds to me a whole lot like "Oh, shit! We forgot all about his spider-sense!!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I've a feeling that's probably what happened.

-----

Then you haven't been paying attention to how the Marvel Studios movies have been made. I find it unlikely that Kevin Feige remembered about Spider-Sense for CIVIL WAR and AVENGERS 4, but had amnesia in HOMECOMING. 
Back to Top profile | search

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 July 2017 at 8:48am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I am an old cynic, but that sounds to me a whole lot like "Oh, shit! We forgot all about his spider-sense!!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I've a feeling that's probably what happened.

-----

Then you haven't been paying attention to how the Marvel Studios movies have been made. I find it unlikely that Kevin Feige remembered about Spider-Sense for CIVIL WAR and AVENGERS 4, but had amnesia in HOMECOMING.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Michael, since you've pasted both mine and JB's response. I'm assuming your comment is addressed to both of us.

I have been paying attention to what's been going on with the MCU. The thing to remember here is that there were different film makers involved in making those films. And furthermore mistakes can happen. 

I should also point out that I didn't think that Peter didn't have his Spider-Sense just because it wasn't mentioned in the film.  I thought it just wasn't mentioned and I didn't think it had to be mentioned. 

John Byrne

Beam Me Up, Scotty!

Posted: 22 July 2017 at 8:54am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Remembering and using something in one or two movies does not necessarily mean it was not forgotten for a third. Writers tend to use super-powers as Get Out of Jail Free cards -- they work the way the writers want them to work.

Nothing new, mind you. Spider-Man's spider-sense has been abused by many writers over the years, right back home in the comics. There have been many letter column debates about just what the spider-sense senses. (When Aunt May was able to bop him over the head, the argument was made that Spider-Man did not perceive Aunt May as a "threat". That struck me as WAY too specific for a totally imaginary power.)

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 July 2017 at 1:41pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

QUOTE:
I have been paying attention to what's been going on with the MCU. The thing to remember here is that there were different film makers involved in making those films. And furthermore mistakes can happen.

My point being that by all accounts, the producers are very hands-on with the MCU. I think every Marvel director and directors who ended up parting ways with Marvel have mentioned that they've had to work with specific mandates from Marvel.

QUOTE:
Writers tend to use super-powers as Get Out of Jail Free cards -- they work the way the writers want them to work.

I don't disagree with this sentiment, which is why I don't think Spider-Man's Spider-Sense was forgotten, but rather downplayed. The movie wanted a vulnerable Spider-Man-in-training. 

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 July 2017 at 1:52pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

My point being that by all accounts, the producers are very hands-on with the MCU. I think every Marvel director and directors who ended up parting ways with Marvel have mentioned that they've had to work with specific mandates from Marvel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's not in dispute. I've read and heard about this before. The thing to remember is that the producers aren't directing or editing the film. They've got so much on the hands it's possible that human error could occur and it doesn't get caught until to late to do anything about it. 

Of course that's just speculation. 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 30
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |