Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Commissioned Artwork MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Commissioned Artwork << Prev Page of 6
Topic: First Dinosaurs, Now This!! - 07.26.2016 Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 August 2016 at 7:57am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Great image. I want the story that goes along with this image.  Amazing work John. 
Back to Top profile | search

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 August 2016 at 9:49am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

There are a few differences between the Vision's and Kitty's powers...

The Vision can only desolidify himself, his costume, and (rarely) something contained in his costume (e.g., a serum contained in part of his cape.) Kitty can desolidify whatever she can touch (or possibly even a chain effect - she's touching Cyclops, who's touching Storm, and they all are desolid.)

The Vision can fly. Kitty walks on air.

Kitty's phasing disrupts electronics (although it's unclear if this is voluntary or not.) The Vision's phasing can affect anything, but it seems to be a physical disruption, not energy based.

The Vision seems able to phase through his own body, and I don't think Kitty can do that.

Kitty's phasing still requires interaction with the real world, e.g., atmosphere and gravity. The Vision, as noted, can fly, and I don't know if he needs to breathe or not, but we've seen him exist for extended periods in outer space.

Which leads one to wonder; in a battle, which would win? Kitty disrupting the Vision, or vice versa? Not that I'm a big fan of super heroes fighting each other, but it might be interesting.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 01 August 2016 at 10:03am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Which leads one to wonder; in a battle, which would win? Kitty disrupting the Vision, or vice versa? Not that I'm a big fan of super heroes fighting each other, but it might be interesting.

••

If Kitty snuck up on the Vision and stuck her hand thru some of those clearly mechanical parts seen in "Journey to the Center of the Android," she could probably mess him up. If, on the other hand, his power really is based on interfacing with parallel dimensions, if he saw her coming, he could become intangible and her power would not affect him. He could, tho, probably stick his arm thru her heart in that charming way he has, and down she'd go.

(One of the curious aspects of Kitty's power, as I envisioned [ahem] it is that she is not truly intangible when using it.)

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 August 2016 at 6:52pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Another fantastic commission. This is the place where I come to see Marvel and DC characters depicted the way they should be and this X-Men commission is no exception.

Hmarrs Marrero
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2016 at 7:14pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I dont know how you do it...So much comotion and action and way more detail then anyone out there today and its so clear and flows like music...Every character has his or her own place with their own story of the moment...and yet the problem I have with the art of today is that most times in an atempt of this magnitude everything gets lost muddy and confused...Is it your Placemnt?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 6
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |