Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | TV << Prev Page of 9
Topic: The INHUMANS coming to ABC in 2017 Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 October 2017 at 9:39am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I don't like how vulnerable Black Bolt is to police with night sticks. A police baton ought to break in half against him. 

I do like how Anson Mount looks exactly like Neal Adams's unmasked Black Bolt. 

Edited by David Miller on 09 October 2017 at 9:39am
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Eric Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 October 2017 at 9:26am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Besides the obvious missteps, I am enjoying some parts of this show, including the budding romance between Crystal and a young, blondish, amiable guy named "Dave"--the closest we might ever get to seeing a live action Crystal and Johnny storyline.  (Chris Evans is a great Captain America, but, no, I did not need the movie Johnny Storm to be a 35-year-old brunette jet pilot.)
Back to Top profile | search

Jack Bohn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 October 2017 at 9:42am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

It's official, now. I don't like any of these Inhumans. Any trouble they are in, they deserve.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 October 2017 at 11:40am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Halfway through the series, I kind like it... but it's just a little too much "Tales of the Inhumans." I know they're going to get together, I know there is going to be a knockdown drag out fight in Attilan, I know that Triton is still alive.

But the suspense is minimal, I can see where the story is going and what it's doing. And THREE of the Inhumans can't even use their powers! Karnak is still concussed or some such, and I haven't seen him in a good fight yet. Black Bolt has NO abilities, save for his voice. And Medusa... oh my heavens, if you can't afford the effects, DON'T USE THE CHARACTER.

That may be the biggest problem. We don't see them being the Inhumans, and we don't really see 'em being differentiated from, say, Quake or Yo-Yo. Maybe it is just too difficult to make the Inhumans work on their own... and maybe they would have been better served in an MCU movie that could have tied into the Infinity War.  I mean, it's possible they MIGHT... but we don't even know yet if they're on the Avengers Earth.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 October 2017 at 2:16pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

How many times can the damn dog be incapacitated so he isn’t a factor in the story?

Karnak is settling in to a life growing weed.  And his girlfriend has terrific boobs.  We’ve seen them twice in her bra so it’s clear the show is out of ideas already.  

Why are Gorgon’s feet ‘normal’?

The guy ‘Mortis’ who was so “dangerous” he was seperated from the other Inhumans on Attilan was left alive on Earth to terrorize innocent lives.  Black Bolt and Medusa simply left him there when they fled.  What kind of heroes are they?

Easily the worst writing on TV right now.  

Edited by David Allen Perrin on 14 October 2017 at 2:27pm

Warren Scott
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 October 2017 at 3:52pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I wasn't very familiar with the Inhumans of the comics before watching the first couple of episodes, so changes to the characters doesn't phase me (though I sympathize with fans who hate that because I often do.).
My take on it is the show's producers are adapting a comic book concept in a way aimed at appealing to a larger viewership, a la the 70s' "Incredible Hulk" show.
Separating the characters allows the viewers to get to know them better (through the eyes of the humans they encounter) and exiling them to earth makes them more relatable. The fish out of water premise could be a lot of fun.
Having said that, they risk falling into the habit of forgetting why the characters are there in the first place and having characters running around without much purpose.

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 October 2017 at 7:19pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I'm not sure how Scott Buck keeps getting work. He's ruined so many shows he's worked on that I'd previously enjoyed. He absolutely destroyed Dexter and gave it one of the dumbest endings imaginable. I haven't watched this, but the stuff David mentioned sounds awful. Between that and the fact I've seen Medusa has her hair cut off, I don't even see the point of this show other than missing another great opportunity at a good superhero show.

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 October 2017 at 7:23pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I forgot this was on. That's usually not a good sign for my continued viewership. If two pile up unwatched I'm probably out.  

Michael Abbey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 October 2017 at 5:49am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

So my wife recorded the Inhumans for me and I hadn't gotten around to watching it. She suggested we try it last night. About 15-20 minutes into the first episode, she said, "Alright, I'm bored with this," and we watched something else. I was decidedly unimpressed with what I saw, and doubt I'll return to it. With so much good TV out there, I generally don't give new shows very long to grab me. I usually give them an episode or two, but occasionally a show is so bad I don't make it through the premiere. This seems to be one of those. 

Robert Shepherd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 October 2017 at 2:45am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I've tried to find things to like, and so far I can't say that I have. This story should be about a group of super powered individuals but everyone has been crippled to the point they are worthless.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 October 2017 at 3:54am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

One other little inconsistency (a hobgoblin of my little mind....)

It seemed that for the royal family to get to Earth was a singularly difficult effort and could only be accomplished with Lockjaw's help. Yet Maximus' hit squad seemed to get to Earth with no problems, and obviously Maximus, or his agent(s), had already been on Earth (purely coincidentally in Hawaii, naturally.)

Why wouldn't Black Bolt and the gang have access to such transport, rather than relying on Lockjaw - a temperamental animal? In the comics, it was Lockjaw or nothing, so obviously it was Hobson's choice.

Eric Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2017 at 10:13pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Watching the latest episode right now.  Once again, I'm immediately struck by how ridiculous and inept it was to separate and pretty much de-power the royal family right from the get-go.

I mean, what kind of story-telling is that?  Can you imagine doing a FANTASTIC FOUR or AVENGERS movie where the characters don't interact or show their powers until the last twenty minutes?

Eric Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2017 at 10:51pm | IP Logged | 13 post reply

So, Gorgon just had a hand-to-hand fight with Maximus's female lieutenant--and only threatened to stomp her when it was all over.  And we've already seen Black Bolt do the Bruce Lee thing.  If these TV guys just want to do espionage/martial arts shows, why are they bothering with super-hero concepts?

Jack Bohn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 November 2017 at 8:29am | IP Logged | 14 post reply

Well, I was wondering if they would dispel the idea that sank in four episodes ago, that we were watching the bad guys. Nope. The only excuse offered is the Divine Right of Kings dressed up as genetic determinism, or genetic predeterminism, precognitive predestination. Black Bolt was born to decide what is best for the Inhumans because of... well that's a secret he's not sharing.

Glenn Brenner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 November 2017 at 8:56am | IP Logged | 15 post reply

It feels like they gave up on Gorgon’s feet after the first episode and just had him wear normal boots...except in flash backs where he walks around awkwardly and you can hear the hooves on the floor. It went from hooves, to furry boots, to normal boots across the first three episodes. 

Maybe it was too expensive to pull off like Medusa's hair? I dunno.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 November 2017 at 10:52am | IP Logged | 16 post reply

It was somewhat disappointing in the end. There were moments to like, but - if wishes were horses, and all - this would better have been served by a Fantastic Four movie, followed by an Inhumans movie continuing and concluding this chapter.

Too bad Eldrac had to die.

And goodness, Triton is kinda bloodthirsty, isn't he?

Storylines were mostly tied up, but I guess we have to presume where the safe area for the Inhumans is on Earth, and who "the boss" is for that agency. I smell Fury... but who the heck can tell. Maybe we'll find out in a future episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I would say that I didn't see anything from the Inhumans that would make them specially important to the Infinity War, so who knows if we'll see 'em again or not?

Sergio Saavedra
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 November 2017 at 4:31am | IP Logged | 17 post reply

In my opinion, the worst thing about this show was the advertising campaign. It was sold as a huge event, a step forward, but it was just a modest, low-budget series.
I think if you see it with no great expectations, it's just an entertaining show. Not bad.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 9
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |