Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 April 2020 at 1:14pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Not all that surprising, since both the UK and the US have voted into power people whose entire playbook is to blanket deny facts, science, and expertise.  Less MAGA and more GIGO, as it were.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 April 2020 at 8:37am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Should you be able to rely on your allies to not abruptly cut off pre-existing critical supply chains in a time of need?

Back to Top profile | search

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 April 2020 at 9:13am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

James, I’m aware of all of that. I was speaking to the implication of the
post immediately prior to mine.

As was I, Fred.
Right now I'm watching my state burn to the ground while people from both sides are fiddling and even in-fighting over what's being done.

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 April 2020 at 1:38am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

‘The CDC is advising you to wear a mask.
But I don’t think I’m going to’

Leading from the front, as ever
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 04 April 2020 at 2:35am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I mean...seriously.  What a fucking waste of a human being.  

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 April 2020 at 6:53am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

He fools around with models.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 April 2020 at 6:53am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

James, Matt, let him go everywhere without one. Maybe he’ll be
infected.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 April 2020 at 1:24pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

It was hilarious to note that the 3M N95 masks Trump wanted to keep Canada from having had French and English on them... what was he going to do to explain that? Say they were really for Louisiana?

They actually did grab a bunch of masks en route to Germany, but that happened outside the U.S. (even if the masks go to the U.S.)... so I guess that's all good under 'war powers'? Another huge WTF happens to the U.S. and any respect for established rules! It's just outright theft. 3M has manufacturing facilities in many places but suddenly everything they make is potential U.S. government property? I thought the ages long beef with Castro was how he took stuff owned by Americans? So now Trump is emulating a known communist dictator openly? Oh wait, let me guess, the suggestion was made during the latest Putin phone conversation, so that's a good thing, not a bad thing everybody. Just more divide and conquer, and never take any blame or responsibility. Somehow a Democrat will have forced all once repugnant behaviors. Better red than in league with that foreign shelf emptyer Obama who left such weakness in his wake (that everything he prepared to help Trump had to be thrown away). Oooh, that wascawy democwat!
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 April 2020 at 3:57pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Today, Trump announced that faith-based institutions will be eligible for the Paycheck Protection Program (LINK)... interesting considering THEY DON'T PAY TAXES!!

Trump is now blatantly buying votes.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 April 2020 at 4:36pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Do they not pay employees tax (or whatever your equivalent
is in America)?
In the UK they pay Employees tax, Pension contributions
and National Insurance
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 April 2020 at 5:47pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

So just before accusing state governors of 'playing politics' didn't Trump end the career of Michael Atkinson in the Department of Justice, for testifying in the impeachment hearing? Even calling Atkinson a "disgrace"? He gives himself emergency war powers because of the virus he downplays where it suits him and somehow knows what each state will be needing in terms of ventilators? Also says a Navy Captain now removed was "inappropriate" in warning service people under him? I think allowing a president to punish every individual that appeared before an impeachment inquiry qualifies the U.S. for banana republic status now. Pardons for scuz like Blagojevich just cements the kangaroo court label for what Republican senators have been allowing.

Meanwhile, "Susan Collins of Maine on Thursday largely praised President Donald Trump’s recent response to the coronavirus while disagreeing"... this is how you get to continue apparently in the senate; praise and back him when facing any kind of regulation or accountability like impeachment, and keep disagreements tucked safely behind praise. Disgusting.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 04 April 2020 at 5:50pm
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 April 2020 at 4:48pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I almost posted this under "Doomsday +1", both because of the coincidental proximity to that topic, and because it feels a bit more like that today.

Bernie Sanders has dropped out of the presidential race, and now it's Joe Biden et. al.* vs Donald Trump. Can Biden beat Trump? Sure. WILL he? He's got a lot of strong support behind him, and if the Sanders, Warren, Buttegieg etc. voters rally - it's no contest against Trump. If they have the attitude, "Eh, my candidate's out - so why vote?", then we're doomed.

My two preferred candidates are out - so now it's Joe Biden up to the bat. He's still a pretty good candidate, and I will remain optimistic that he can beat President Murder. But without the voter turnout... we're done.

And meanwhile, the GOP is trying to fuck with election rules, locations, dates - even YEAR - to keep Drumpf in office. Never mind that silly ol' Constitution - we have a corrupt election to arrange!

*A vote for anyone besides Biden is a vote for Trump - or so I feel. 

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |