Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2020 at 5:10pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Rodrigo, I've already said in the past that when his time in office is up, the Secret Service are literally going to have to throw him out of the White House.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2020 at 5:29pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I think Brian and I are kind of like a double act on this
topic.
If, and that's a big if, he did go, I can imagine there
will be zero continuity for the next administration, and
probably a large amount of sabotage

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2020 at 6:55pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

The Obama administration showed a lot of good faith and left a lot of things intended to help Trump learn and do a good job (as the Bush administration before Obama had done), and it all was pretty completely wasted and thrown away. A reporter wrote early in 2017 of the classes set up that nobody attended. Trump blaming Obama for so much is ridiculous, and never to his face is undeniably cowardly.

I really expect him to slink off into exile in some middle-east haven like Cheney pretty much did.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2020 at 10:10pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

He's following each and every step of a wanna be dictator.

He doesn't want the situation to end, he wants to escalate it, militarize it, make it "us vs. them" and look for a loophole in the constitution to grant him extraordinary powers (or just do it anyway).

If he has the slightest doubt that he could lose the election, there'll be no elections. 

It's amazing how textbook his actions and words have been these days, he wants that to happen. 

The only question remaining is if the military will back him or not. From what I've seen these past few days, mixed messages.

Hope I'm wrong, of course.

Edited by Rodrigo castellanos on 06 June 2020 at 10:11pm
Back to Top profile | search

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2020 at 6:31am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I have popcorn and a six pack waiting for Jan 20, 2021, to watch a really good show from the White House.

Rodrigo, I believe you entirely. And I agree; Trump shows every indication of being a little tin pot dictator. I believe he will not go gently into that good night. James W., I worry about sabotage, save that I don't know what else he can do to the transition that he hasn't already done. I would have the Secret Service check out the White House carefully (and Dog protect them.)

But... he can't sabotage our international relations. He might hit the nuclear button on his way out, but I don't suspect any military officers would launch without triple checking with officials at the White House, and I doubt that anyone would believe him.

I'm certain he's petty enough to try something - but again, according to the Constitution, come next Jan 20 - he is OUT. I take great satisfaction in that.

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2020 at 7:31am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Many folks tend to forget:

45 has not bottom. He will go as low as possible and then some.

Oliver Denker
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2020 at 10:18am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

"He will go as low as possible and then some."

Totally agree.
And his cult will love him for it.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2020 at 12:45pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Posted without commentary:

Why Trump is great

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2020 at 1:41pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Kevin, that is great. Thanks for posting

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2020 at 4:57pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

He's following each and every step of a wanna be dictator.

He doesn't want the situation to end, he wants to escalate it, militarize it, make it "us vs. them" and look for a loophole in the constitution to grant him extraordinary powers (or just do it anyway).

If he has the slightest doubt that he could lose the election, there'll be no elections. 

It's amazing how textbook his actions and words have been these days, he wants that to happen. 

The only question remaining is if the military will back him or not. From what I've seen these past few days, mixed messages.

Hope I'm wrong, of course.

++++++++++++++++++++++

And the problem is you've got people who don't care because they have the same agenda, and narrow-minded people who eat up everything he says to the point that he could probably sacrifice a baby on live tv, and they'd applaud.

Sadly, one of my cousins falls into that latter category. 

I know quite a few people who voted for him over Hilary because they wanted change, and have already said they regret it and won't vote for him again. Unfortunately, I know more who voted for him the first time and plan to again.

I've always said I consider myself a moderate independent (not Independent; there is a difference), but if he's re-elected I am seriously considering registering as a Democrat out of protest. And because right now I wouldn't vote for a Republican for dog catcher. The few `good' Republican politicians I know of all retired or are retiring.

Edited by Brian Floyd on 07 June 2020 at 5:01pm

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2020 at 10:33am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I saw this article by Fred Kaplan from Slate's website. It's quite enlightening.... I think some of you will enjoy it.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2020 at 10:49am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I don't think it's that enlightening -- because if Trump loses in November and decides he is going to throw his weight behind trying to void the outcome, do you think he will wait until 20 January 2021 to take action?

He will do whatever he is going to do before then when he still legitimately holds all the powers of the office.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |