Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2020 at 5:57am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Kavanaugh, the guy who promised to take his revenge on the Jews he
blamed for nearly derailing his appointment? What a hero.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2020 at 7:55am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Revenge on the Jews? We will NEVER succumb again, and WE WILL NEVER FORGET. NEVER!

Mr. Kavanaugh should probably stick to discussing matters that he has no idea about.

Edited by Eric Sofer on 27 October 2020 at 7:56am
Back to Top profile | search

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2020 at 8:37am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Eric Sofer wrote:
We will NEVER succumb again

I dunno, man.  I was on my way to pick up dinner last night and idled at a train crossing behind a white pick-up with a canopy. The back was festooned with decals with those creepy coded white supremacist messages (Roman Numeral III, lower case lambda) and some very much not-coded militia stuff (AK-47 with messaging that indicated they were ready to roll). I live just north of NYC on the west side of the Hudson, not at all known as a hotbed of armed militias, but very well known as a place with large populations of ultra-orthodox Jews.  

I fear... if not the worst, then at least the very, very bad.

Edited by Dave Kopperman on 27 October 2020 at 9:58am
Back to Top profile | search | www

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2020 at 8:41am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

For the record, I am aware that the lower-case lambda icon in this case was a reference to Half-Life, but in the context of all the other messaging on the truck backed up by some brief I-don't-want-to-go-further-down-this-particular-rabbit-hole Googling, it's definitely not someone just showing their fan-love for their favorite MMORPG.

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2020 at 9:33am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Kinda funny how Barrett, Cavanaugh and Roberts were all part of the legal team that ended the recount during the Bush v. Gore court case in Florida. I believe in coincidence, but stuff like that just looks like consolidation of power or maybe "payment" for past services rendered.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2020 at 10:57am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Dave K. - I believe, as do several Jews that I know, that we really want peace (even if some of our methods are violent. That's our shame in the eyes of Adonai.)

But I really believe that they cannot push us far enough before we react this time. MUCH sooner than in the forties. And may it be stopped before we have to resort to retaliation. Be this God's will.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2020 at 1:04pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Just paying attention is "doing something" I have always said. If people really don't, or won't, know what's going on then how could things ever get better? So many don't want to know still, wave away reality unfolding, being altered around them, with a "they are all bad", or and "I hate politics". for democracies to function your part is you have to do your best to pay attention (and that does mean tuning out known sources of misinformation and distorted half-truths). I thought there were civics classes in U.S. schools? Some basics obviously need to be taught.

If God wants to make himself directly known 'he' can have a seat directly at the table/bench, outside of that he is an absentee non-citizen deserving of only so much attention, and there are apparently all sorts of contradictory Gods fighting with each other who might not be any real help in day to day operations of a country. Which God when there may be as many as there are people? Forcing ones God on another is not very public spirited, as Dave Allen used to say at the ends of his comedy shows, "good night and may your God go with you". I don't push mine at you, you don't push yours at me; speak only for yourself.

So, here we go learning things again the hard way. Groan. I miss the U.S. I used to know more and more. :^(

Leigh DJ Hunt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2020 at 1:15pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Kinda funny how Barrett, Cavanaugh and Roberts were all part of the legal team that ended the recount during the Bush v. Gore court case in Florida. I believe in coincidence, but stuff like that just looks like consolidation of power or maybe "payment" for past services rendered.
------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------
When the ugliness of corruption is so obvious, you'd like to think people would recoil against it.

But I just don't trust people's judgement anymore.

Peter Hicks
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2020 at 1:52pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

So to all Americans on this board, have you voted yet?   If not, when do you plan to?  Does anyone plan not to vote?

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2020 at 1:53pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I voted by mail (GASP!) a few weeks ago.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2020 at 1:55pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I voted 8 days ago.

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2020 at 2:10pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I received my ballot on the 6th, and filled it out and dropped it off the same day.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |