Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2017 at 9:00am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Not a day goes by without another 45 lie. This time about crime in the UK.

The guy is ignorant, stupid - yes, stupid - and a pathetic 'human being'. 
Back to Top profile | search

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2017 at 9:16am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I'm inclined to give Kelly a pass, since he's probably the only thing standing between us and WWIII.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2017 at 11:25am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Defending the indefensible? I'm not sure I can give Kelly THAT pass.

At this point, WWIII may NOT be the downfall of the U.S. - I'm more concerned with the country imploding from WITHIN... and seems everyone in the WH doesn't mind that happening.... as long as they're on the 'winning side' when the dust settles.

-C!

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 20 October 2017 at 11:26am

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2017 at 12:01pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Reminds me of this Onion article: LINK

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 20 October 2017 at 12:44pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

"Kelly criticized Wilson for listening in on the conversation between Trump and the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson. Wilson was in a car with the widow and Johnson’s mother going to the airport for the arrival of Johnson’s body, and the call was placed on speakerphone.

"Kelly then continued his criticism of Wilson, mentioning the 2015 dedication of the Miramar FBI building, saying she focused in her speech that she “got the money” for the building.

"Wilson said Kelly's comment was a fabrication, that she wasn't even elected to Congress when the funding for the building was approved."

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2017 at 12:47pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

See? Now he's even got his cabinet members creating an alternate realty in which only their false memories exist.

Edited by Brian Miller on 20 October 2017 at 3:28pm

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2017 at 1:40pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

White House press secretary even chastised reporters for challenging Kelly - “I think that if you want to get into a debate with the four-star Marine general, I think that’s something highly inappropriate.”

This WH is trying hard to convince the public of this alternate reality where everything they say is right and everyone who opposes them is wrong.

This is not going well for the country.

-C!

Michael Sommerville
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2017 at 8:40pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Once again the news blows up over a story that should not be one. I believe anyone that espouses the narrative that Wilson was not making this phone call political is burying his or her head in the sand. She new what she was doing. She could not even keep her thoughts to herself, out of respect for this family, until after the young man was put to rest. That is the outrageous part of this story Those phone calls are no ones business but the families.   
I will, do the one thing I always hate, and pretend I know what someones thoughts were.  It is disingenuous to believe Trump had anything but the thoughts of the family at the time. 

Yes Kelly was wrong in his comments about Wilson and the FBI building. He should apologize for that mistake. If that is the talking point people got out of his statement the US is in more trouble than I thought. 

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2017 at 9:38pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

" I believe anyone that espouses the narrative that Wilson was not making this phone call political is burying his or her head in the sand. She new [sic] what she was doing."

Let's not forget that her comments came after Trump had chosen to attack Obama's protocol in this exact arena, so she was hardly politicising where the President had not already chosen to try and score points politically.

Her complaint that Trump failed to mention Sgt Johnson by name seems somewhat backed up by Trump's later comments that 'I had a very nice conversation with the woman, with the wife, who sounded like a lovely woman.'. I'm sure the woman, the wife, appreciated greatly the call about the guy.

I do agree that the talking point should be dialled back to what exactly was going on in Niger that led to these men losing their lives. 

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2017 at 10:01pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I believe anyone that espouses the narrative that Wilson was not making this phone call political is burying his or her head in the sand. She new what she was doing. She could not even keep her thoughts to herself, out of respect for this family, until after the young man was put to rest. That is the outrageous part of this story Those phone calls are no ones business but the families.   

----

Since the family is backing Wilson's account of the phone call and their reaction to it, I'm not clear why you are taking offense on the part of the family.

If the family /was/ offended (according to the mother of the fallen soldier, they did feel disrespected), should Wilson have stayed silent so as not to appear "political", or should she defend her constituents?

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 October 2017 at 12:29am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Peter Martin wrote:
Let's not forget that her comments came after Trump had chosen to attack Obama's protocol in this exact arena, so she was hardly politicising where the President had not already chosen to try and score points politically.

Exactly.  As I said upthread, John Kelly has no moral authority to criticize Congresswoman Wilson for her role in politicizing this situation if he's not also willing to criticize President Trump for politicizing it in the first place.  Anything less makes him a hypocrite who's merely exploiting the situation for political purposes.   All his high-and-mighty claims about how Gold Star families should be held sacred are nothing but empty talk.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 21 October 2017 at 2:11am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Michael Roberts wrote:
Since the family is backing Wilson's account of the phone call and their reaction to it, I'm not clear why you are taking offense on the part of the family.

Exactly.  People are acting like Wilson forced the family to place the call on speaker and then used what Trump said to gain political points.  That ignores Wilson's relationship with the family and the fact that they decided to put the call on speaker.  Even then, this was not an issue until Trump decided to be Trump and lie about former presidents "never or rarely" calling families of deceased military.  EVEN THEN Trump should have been presidential and not made it all about him. He should have had empathy and demurred.  Instead?  He drags Kelly and his dead son into a political discussion Kelly clearly has never wanted forcing him to make some lame, half-hearted attempt at justifying Trump's actions.   

Is too much being made of it at the expense of the focus being drawn away from the facts of the attack? Fact we haven't gotten after nearly two weeks. Perhaps.  But as one in a very LONG string of hamfisted, pathological and idiotic attacks that gains Trump very little, one has to ask why he doesn't pick his battles.  Why does every slight, no matter how small, require a nuclear option rather than reasoned response?  Oh, sorry.  That would mean he understands being presidential.  That he can rise above rather than rake the mud.  That is clearly not the president we currently have. My bad.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |