Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 March 2020 at 7:53pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Eric,

NPR member station wisely bails on live coronavirus briefings

Back to Top profile | search

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 March 2020 at 9:38am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I'm sure that in the article, they restrict that to Presidential briefings. In Ohio, Governor DeWine is speaking such sage information, and taking such incredibly smart action that there's a motion in the Ohio house to rename him Governor DeChampagne. New York's Governor Cuomo seems to be on the same path.

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 March 2020 at 11:57am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

The virus will kill thousands of Americans, and the biggest spreader of the virus now is the President of the United States.

A man who has nothing but contempt for others, arrogance, no empathy, a belief he is always right, an ego and no ability to admit you can be wrong.

That combined with a pandemic is courting a horrific disaster.

Carter, Reagan, Bush, Sr., Clinton, W, and Obama have been Presidents in my lifetime. I may not have agreed, disagreed, approved, disapproved or gone along with everything those men did, but none of those men, despite flaws, could match this arsehole sitting in the WH now.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 March 2020 at 12:05pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

And now -- scarily -- a desire to militarise the border between US and Canada. 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2020 at 6:28pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

“I want them to be appreciative,” Trump says of governors who are criticizing the federal response. Doctors & nurses begging for masks in the richest fucking country in the world. WTF???

What a nightmare we are in.... A (once) great country brought to its knees, its citizens dying... while the "king" demands appreciation. 

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 28 March 2020 at 1:03am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I'll say it: fuck him.  Fuck him and everything he supposedly "stands for".  Governors and Mayors should not cow-tow to Trump just to protect his fragile ego.  He's an awful, terrible, frightenly dangerous human being yet he's considered the leader of the "free world".  What a fucking joke!

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 28 March 2020 at 2:04am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I started this thread almost four years ago.  That it's been "live" for that long is amazing in this time and place.  

I started it because of the shitshow I saw coming from Trump and it's only grown.  He's an awful, terrible, ineffective leader who is, at the same time, a man-child who wants to be acknowledged for things he doesn't do and hasn't controlled.  

I am embarrassed to the extreme to have to acknowledge that he's our president, but that's not the worst part.

Not by far.

I hate the people that voted for him.  "Hate" is such an extreme word until you realize the destruction Trump has wrought.   He's demonized people. He's divided us.  He's actively working to turn a nation upon itself.  He is, in short, a plague.  Trumpers will not see him as that, but he is. 

What's my answer?  Push back.  Always.  Don't fall victim to those that tell you to 'keep calm" or "it'll all work itself out in the end".  Fuck them.  Be vigilant.  And, as always, continue to hold yourself to the highest  standards.  Trump has failed that at every...single...turn.  Don't let him win where it counts.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 March 2020 at 9:00am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

President Murder demands that citizens etc. bow and scrape to him, that he be aggrandized and worshiped, that he be put on a pedestal*, etc.

I have to wonder - what would happen if it didn't happen? Is he going to make more stupid decisions? Will he make comments even more thoughtless and ignorant? Will he take worse actions?

He does NOT have what he wants - total control of the government. He will never have it. Despite appearances to the contrary, the Constitution will survive him; I really believe this.

Our financial condition is bad and getting worse, our international reputation is shit, we surely are not a world leader anymore - so what more can he do? Start a nuclear war? Maybe, but I hope that's the sort of thing where the military would have to start that coup and put an end to him.

What WORSE can he do? Unleash his Death Squads on the citizenry? Public executions? Building the camps and the ovens?

I really believe that we will survive this. It will take years - maybe decades - to come back from what he's done. But sooner or later, he and Moscow Mitch McConnell will be gone, and we can start healing.

We'll make it. It won't be easy, and it will be painful and (possibly) bloody. But I really believe that we'll make it.

*Sadly, not one such that a fall from it will do much damage.

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 March 2020 at 10:09am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Folks,

We knew the day would come when things were going to go to crap with him in charge.

Hopefully at approximately 1:00AM EST on November 4th, this nightmare will soon be over.

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 March 2020 at 10:18am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Have there been worse presidents?  Arguably.

But has there ever been one so arrogant, self-centered, condescending, disrespectful and deliberately ignorant?  Who demands respect from any and all, but shows the same towards none (if they don't have their lips planted squarely up his ass)?

Despite the Trumpers, he will be seen as a joke for the rest of our lives.

Edited by Shaun Barry on 28 March 2020 at 10:26am

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 March 2020 at 11:22am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Despite the Trumpers, he will be seen as a joke for the rest of our lives.
--------------------------------------------
The second he's out of office they'll all turn on him just like they did Bush.  It's like when the star player leaves for another team.  All of a sudden, former fans who defended his every action and syllable think he's a no-good bum.  Which is worse, because it means their current loyalty is based on nothing.

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 March 2020 at 8:53am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Trumpers will always lack the backbone to maintain their current
convictions. They are a cult and without a leader to dictate how they
should believe and interpret facts they will try to camouflage
themselves. They will be adrift and without a rudder until duped again
by a charlatan that panders to ignorance and manipulates their beliefs.
Three years ago they exclaimed how great the US would be under This
president. They exclaimed how awful their lives were after 8 years
under President Obama. I wonder how many will compare their lives at
the beginning of 2017 with what I hope is the end of this current
presidency in 2021.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |