Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Sports Talk << Prev Page of 3 Next >>
Topic: DIVISIONAL round starts Saturday, January 14th - MAKE YOUR PICKS! Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 January 2017 at 7:09pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Great game!

I thought for sure that kick was going wide left!

Looks like I'm a Falcons fan now!
Back to Top profile | search

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 January 2017 at 10:11pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I go 4-0 this week

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 15 January 2017 at 10:12pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Crossing my fingers for a Falcons/Steelers Superbowl.  

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 15 January 2017 at 10:12pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I went with the home teams and came up short today.  2-2 for the week.  5-3 for the postseason so far.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 January 2017 at 10:31pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Oh that was fantastic. It was a great game plus now the Cowboys fans can shut up again.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

All I'm going to say is, I hope there's repercussions on Brown for that pass interference. ie, being traded to a bad team or fined heavily, since that more or less cost them the game.

And from here on out, I'm against the Packers. They didn't deserve that win, so I can't toss my support behind them, and I'm sick of them anyway. 

After the game tonight, I'll be surprised if the Steelers beat the Patriots. 

Edited by Brian Floyd on 15 January 2017 at 10:32pm
Back to Top profile | search | email

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 15 January 2017 at 11:03pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I hate the Packers more than probably anyone on the JBF (maybe Simko hates 'em as much.  Probably!), but they certainly deserved that win.  Not really sure why you think they don't, Brian.

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 1:00am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Sunday's games were everything Saturday's were not; exciting, back and forth, and in doubt until the final minute or two.  I also thought GB deserved the win though I picked the Cowboys; Rodgers has been on fire and that was one helluva catch on the sidelines at the end to get them in FG range.  2-2 this week, 6-2 in the playoffs.  

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 2:24am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Packers were the better team today.  So, somehow, were the Steelers.

3 of 4 for the second week in a row.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 2:30am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I meant GB didn't deserve the win in that they probably wouldn't have won (though i can't say for sure) if Brown didn't make that boneheaded pass interference call, since Dallas would have had an interception. Rodgers was playing like a beast, but that play was pretty much the nail in the Cowboys' coffin.

Right now, I'm frustrated AND pissed off. Frustrated because I'm sick of seeing the same damn teams in the hunt every year (I'd love a playoffs without the Eagles, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots and Steelers in it), and I'm pissed off over the boneheaded pass interference. Won't be watching ESPN any time soon, because they kiss Rodgers' and Brady's asses enough as it is. (I like Rodgers but get irritated at their level of love for him over there. I hate Brady.)

And I'm definitely avoiding most sports forums, because I know I'd be reading an abundance of posts by assholes who take their glee at the Cowboys losing too far. 

Everyone who hates the Cowboys here has been civil about it, but the trolls have come out of the woodwork in legion elsewhere. I just hope their bridges end up burning down on their heads, so to speak. (a.k.a. `karma's a bitch.') I'll definitely be avoiding Yahoo, because its filled with nothing but trolls. Frankly, anyone who insults fans of a team in general, with no justification whatsoever, can go fuck themselves. Especially when the jerks in question are gloating over a loss. 

(And believe me, living in Knoxville, TN, I've had to suck up a lot of hatred aimed at arrogant Alabama Crimson Tide fans around here. I even kept quiet when they lost to Clemson, and I hate the Tide more than any other sports team except for maybe the New York Yankees.)

Over at the other message board I frequent as often as this one (maybe slightly more), everyone's been civil about it. But most of the hatred over there is aimed at the Patriots. There are about three other Cowboys fans besides me there, but if anyone's a Patriots fan, they're not willing to admit it. Discussions there lately have been about what's going on with the Chargers and the Raiders. One poster is a diehard Raiders fan, and we're giving him sympathy over them probably moving to Vegas. And we think the Chargers moving to L.A. is a bad decision because they won't get the support they need from fans.

Edited by Brian Floyd on 16 January 2017 at 2:41am

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 7:06am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Ah, I see.

I do indeed hate the Cowboys, but lately the Patriots have surpassed them by a) just being generally detestable and b) always in The Show.

My best friend (45 years) is a Cowboys fan and I told him two weeks ago Dallas and the Giants (just because they seem to have the mojo) were the only chances we had to avoid another boring New England campaign.

And I think a rematch of Super Bowl I would have been kinda cool.

Steven Myers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 9:10am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I'm tired of the same teams, also. I STILL think of the Cowboys as one of those teams. After the 90's I never want them to win another game ever. I'd rather the same-old Steelers win 14 more than see the Cowboys win one.

That said, GO FALCONS! I never rooted for you before, but I'm a big fan now!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Rich Marzullo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 11:19am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Saturday, January 14th

• Seahawks (3rd seed) at Falcons (2nd seed) Wrong
  • Texans (4th seed) at Patriots (1st seed) Right

Sunday, January 15th

• Steelers (3rd seed) at Chiefs (2nd seed) Right. If you're the Steelers, are you happy with this win? Offense was terrible, no TD's, and in six short days you're going up against Brady. I mean, when the kicker wins the game for you, how much are you celebrating?
  • Packers (4th seed) at Cowboys (1st seed) Right. Instant classic. Prescott and Elliot will be taking the Boys to the Super Bowl within five years, if not sooner. Rodgers is a force of nature.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 11:44am | IP Logged | 13 post reply

Steven, I'd rather have salt rubbed into my eyes followed by a dropper filled with a mix of hot sauce and lemon juice, whilst having my testicles boiled than have the Steelers win another championship, let alone multiples, any time soon.

(I don't hate the Steelers or anything. I just think Big Ben is highly overrated and can't stand James Harrison.)

And I'm not greedy. I just want one Dallas Super Bowl win, not another dynasty. (I hate dynasties in general.)

Edited by Brian Floyd on 16 January 2017 at 11:45am

Steven McCauley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 2:42pm | IP Logged | 14 post reply

Brian, I just want the Cowboys to get out of the Divisional round!

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 5:47pm | IP Logged | 15 post reply

Offense was terrible

--

What?  Le'Veon Bell had a record-breaking performance, again.

no TD's[sic]

--

That is a problem.  But it's moot because-

in six short days you're going up against Brady

--

Exactly.  Pittsburgh could have whupped KC 43-14 again and it wouldn't matter.  New England, especially at home?  If Pittsburgh wins this one then the NFL is fixing games.

I mean, when the kicker wins the game for you, how much are you celebrating?

--

Do you know how many NFL games, including Super Bowls, you just described there?  A win is a win is a win in this league.

Rich Marzullo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 6:31pm | IP Logged | 16 post reply

Le'Veon Bell does not an offense make, Kevin. I wasn't impressed with Big Ben or the offense in general (0-4 in the Red Zone and an interception, plus the aforementioned zero TD's). Both teams looked undisciplined.

I agree that SB's have been won via a field goal, but solely a FG? Literally no other points on the board save for the kicker? I'm all for being wrong (I'm not exactly the premier expert on the footballs). 

I think Pitt can win against the Pats, but not with how they played last night. I'm hoping at least for an exciting game, not an overt blowout.  

Allan Summerall
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 6:56pm | IP Logged | 17 post reply

4-0 for this round.

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2017 at 10:11pm | IP Logged | 18 post reply

Le'Veon Bell does not an offense make, Kevin

--

Well now you're just talking nonsense.  But at least we agree Pittsburgh isn't beating New England.

Philippe Pinoli
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 1:57am | IP Logged | 19 post reply

This game is fantastic...and divisionals is the best w-e of the year

Atlanta O was unstoppable, even by an historic (but injury hurt) D 
Dallas did 2 horribles fauls : the time out and the interference but Rodgers was arena football like
Despite 3 TO, 34 points for NE against a very good D...as usual, Brady took what the D offered...long balls. Hail to Logan Ryan.
LeVeon and his OL...

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 2:24am | IP Logged | 20 post reply

Rich Marzullo wrote:
I think Pitt can win against the Pats, but not with how they played last night.

I'd add that it's hard to imagine the Pats winning against a competent offense with the way they played vs Houston.  Neither team had their best outing this weekend, but I excuse the Steelers because they were on the road, at night, at Arrowhead.  The Pats were at home.  Both teams have a ton to work on in six days ahead of their matchup on Sunday.  Neither looked like world beaters. 

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 2:38am | IP Logged | 21 post reply

Brian Floyd wrote:
And I'm not greedy. I just want one Dallas Super Bowl win...

This.  This is why people hate the Cowboys and their fans.  You've won five motherfucking Superbowls.  Five. That's tied for second with the Niners and only behind the Steelers who have six.  You act as if you haven't won one ever.  Try rooting for a team that hasn't won one.  Try being ME and rooting for a team that's been to the Superbowl four times and hasn't earned a single win.  I can't be bothered to feel your pain that you haven't won a Superbowl in two decades when I've been rooting for my team as long as I've been alive and haven't won a single one.  That's 50 years and counting!  So go whine somewhere else.  Bitch about your second best Superbowl record on another board.  Disingenuously repeat that you're "not greedy" when you want to tie the Steelers for the most Superbowl wins.  Piss and moan about the Steelers, Pats, Packers and Eagles (who, by the way, are the only team in your division to have NEVER WON THE SUPERBOWL). I have no time for opinions like this, ones that ask others to understand you when you've generally sat atop the mountain while others are trying to ascend. 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 3:10am | IP Logged | 22 post reply

Matt, first of all:

1. Its been 20+ years since the Cowboys last went, let alone won, a Super Bowl. Look at how many times all the teams left in the playoffs, except the Falcons, have gone since then.

2. I generally do pull for teams that have never won or even been to a Super Bowl if they make the playoffs. But you know what? The Vikings didn't this year. That doesn't give you clearance to aim your venom at me, when I've not really given you justifiable cause. I want the Vikings, Lions and Browns to eventually win Super Bowls. Bills, too. Hell, I was pulling for the Lions to beat the Seahawks, and if they did, I'd have actually supported them over my own team due to the fact they've had the longest draught in the league. But no, I guess I'm greedy, aren't I? How is it being greedy when i want my team, who I repeat HASN'T BEEN IN 20+ YEARS, to win a Super Bowl, when all the teams that were left in this last round of the playoffs except the Falcons, have? 

So I guess that means if I was a 49ers fan, you'd still be calling me greedy? Then I guess you might as well start calling out Steelers fans (we have a few here) for wanting to extend the record when they've won more recently than Dallas greedy, too. And lets not leave out the fans of the Giants, Patriots and Packers, who have 4 Super Bowl wins, either. Going to jump down their throats?

.I've not said anything to deserve the abuse in your post AT ALL. You're interpreting things the way you want to. 

I get your anger over your team never having won a Super Bowl. I really do. But it doesn't make it justified when its directed at me for wanting my team to succeed. I've been avoiding specific forums and other parts of the web specifically avoid things like what you just posted. And frankly, this is the one place I least expected to find it. 

Edited by Brian Floyd on 17 January 2017 at 3:15am

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 3:42am | IP Logged | 23 post reply

Brian Floyd wrote:
Matt, first of all:

1. Its been 20+ years since the Cowboys last went, let alone won, a Super Bowl.

I acknowledged that. Boo hoo.  You haven't won your SIXTH Superbowl in two decades. I weep for you. 

QUOTE:
I guess I'm greedy, aren't I? How is it being greedy when i want my team, who I repeat HASN'T BEEN IN 20+ YEARS, to win a Super Bowl, when all the teams that were left in this last round of the playoffs except the Falcons, have?

Because you're whining as if you've never won one.  I'd give that attitude to a Packer fan (god save me!) because except for 2010, they hadn't won since '97 and before that since '68.  I'd certainly give it to a Falcons fan who has NEVER seen their team win. But the bitching about not getting a win in the Superbowl because you haven't won since '96 when you won 3 in 4 years is being a punk.  You "just want one Dallas Super Bowl win" when you've won five and 13 teams, more than a third, haven't won it all even once.  And you want me to believe that you're not being greedy?  That you just want one because it's been a couple of decades?  Boo hoo.  

QUOTE:
So I guess that means if I was a 49ers fan, you'd still be calling me greedy? Then I guess you might as well start calling out Steelers fans (we have a few here) for wanting to extend the record when they've won more recently than Dallas greedy, too.

Difference is, they aren't trying to paint themselves as the poor man. They aren't trying to play on anyone's sympathies that they haven't won...in a couple of decades.  They're man enough to say "I've won before and I want to win again!".  You paint yourself as the underdog, like you're one of us.  Like you haven't won before and you're just trying to "win one".  Bullshit.  You're just like the Pats, Packers, Steelers and Niners you rail against.  You're no different from them and, quite frankly, it's sad that you think you can paint yourself, your fans and your team differently than the dynasties you rail against.  

That is, quite frankly, why I hate the Cowboys.  You say you're "America's team" and you want us to think you're "just like us"...but you're not.  You act like you are but it's just that...an act.  You haven't won a Superbowl in 20 years.  Waaa Waaaa.  Boo hoo.  So sad.  

Not.  

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 4:00am | IP Logged | 24 post reply

*sigh* I'm getting sick of feeling like its a crime to support my team, when people let the same shit slide when fans of other teams support theirs, simply because the Cowboys are so hated.

Example: I went to another board a little bit after the game ended, made a post that said (and I'm quoting it exactly): "Well, the Cowboys lost. If Brown hadn't gotten that pass interefence call things might have been different. But there's always next year". Within 10 minutes, I had 3 replies that were ALL obnoxious as well as abusive, and aimed directly at me for supporting the Cowboys. That's why I came off a bit pissed off in my first post here afterward. Things haven't gotten any better since, sadly. 

(And I personally hate the "America's Team" nickname. Always have. Its the one part of your rant that I actually agree with.)

Edited by Brian Floyd on 17 January 2017 at 5:50am

Rich Marzullo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2017 at 10:54am | IP Logged | 25 post reply

Talking nonsense is my middle name, Kevin!

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |