Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | TV << Prev Page of 4
Topic: Twin Peaks (2017) ~ SPOILERS Start Pg 2 Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 13 July 2017 at 3:21pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I just caught up with the series last night - I watched seasons one and two over a month, and then I raced through the new episodes in a matter of days.

I think it is fantastic - I loved episode eight, and I love the narrative episodes. So much to process about this, so I was following the analysis of each episode by The AV Club and Rolling Stone.

Back to Top profile | search | email

Jozef Brandt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 July 2017 at 4:40am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Tim, have you watched Fire Walk With Me (and the Missing Pieces scenes?).  I've been amazed at how much the new show ties into that material. 
Back to Top profile | search

Daniel Gillotte
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 July 2017 at 11:04am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

The hobos or woodsmen or whatever are stand-out creepy as hell.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Tim O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 24 July 2017 at 10:08pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Jozef - so sorry I missed your comment when you originally posted it!

I did not revisit FIRE WALK WITH ME after I watched the original series.  I didn't like it in the theater when it was released, and I didn't want to kill the buzz I was on after watching the last episode of the original series, which I thought was exceptional.

Now that I am enjoying the new series so much, I am thinking about watching it again.  I think my tastes have changed since that film came out, lo these many years ago, and I would be more open to it.

I though Sunday's episode was excellent.  The supernatural scenes were pitch perfect.  The only thing I can fault the new show on is the humor - it does not always hit its mark.  But I found all of Dougie/Dale Cooper's scenes to be very funny.  The misunderstandings about Dougie's comprehension were played so well here, and it has not always worked.

Back to Top profile | search | email

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2017 at 6:28am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The new series is much more in line with FWWM with regards to the tone of the piece than it is with the original series. A lot of casual viewers didn't realize that would be the case and are having a hard time accepting why the third season isn't more like the first two. Lynch wasn't happy with how the series went and changed the tone when he made the movie to get the property more in line with what he wanted it to be and should have served as an indication of what to expect from the revival.

Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |