Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 3
Topic: subject(s) you wished you’d paid more attention to at school Locked Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:12am | IP Logged | 1  

Maths too,i`m a pretty smart chap,but numbers just leave
me cold.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Robert Walter Auberger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:36pm | IP Logged | 2  

math, physics and chemistry...

I visited a very good german school in the 80s. We learned a lot of different things, we got a very broad tuition, known as "Allgemeinwissen", which I think is "common knowledge".

Early on, people said i got strengths in languages and arts, so  I always neglected the more scientific disciples.  I went on to make a very good examen on these topics.

Nowadays, I find I am lacking a lot of the principles of science. I am interested in quantum theory , in the relativtiy theory , superior dimensionsm etc. ..

I read books about these topics, but I lack the meanings of truly understanding them or following them. I cannot follow e.g. those equations for the relative theory, neither common or general.

The pity is , I had all those teachers at my disposal when I was young. They all would be very helpful, and steer me in the right direction. I was just lazy and maybe too much in my comfort zone.

Today you can learn a lot with the means of the internet. Right now, I am learning Italian by podcasts, Youtube and and downloaded pdf-grammar books. 

But there is  a lot a live teacher can give, that you don't have in the web, so that's my big regret!

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:22pm | IP Logged | 3  

Typing.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |