Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | TV << Prev Page of 2
Topic: Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 April 2018 at 10:59am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

The timing of LoT was interesting... it filled the hiatus on Supergirl, which works; but then, how are these going to time out compared to Arrow, Black Lightning, and Flash? I think I'd much prefer five shows a week in regular timing. On the other hand... as long as they fill in right, I reckon I'm satisfied.

—-

The CW is going to begin Sunday prime time programming next year, so they’ll have two more slots to fill shows with. Although I don’t mind the staggered releases. 
Back to Top profile | search

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 April 2018 at 8:24pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

This show is at it's best when it just embraces the crazy. Going into the finale, I would never have expected to see a giant sized Beebo kung fu fighting with a giant winged demon. A fun ending to what is becoming my favorite of the CW DC shows.

William Costello
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 April 2018 at 7:16pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Michael Roberts: "The timing of LoT was interesting... it filled the hiatus on Supergirl, which works; but then, how are these going to time out compared to Arrow, Black Lightning, and Flash? I think I'd much prefer five shows a week in regular timing. On the other hand... as long as they fill in right, I reckon I'm satisfied."

I think the CW is getting into a problem, as many of its TV shows are based on comic characters; even with adding a Sunday night slot, there is still a lot of comic based shows: Arrow, The Flash, CW Legends of Tomorrow, I Zombie, Black Lightning, and Supergirl just from DC alone. Then there is RIVERDALE, from Archie Comics.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 April 2018 at 9:27pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Er, the quote above is not mine. 

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 April 2018 at 4:08pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Michael, maybe you and I look that much alike in print... :)

William, you and I might wonder about the CW's preponderence of DC super hero shows... but as long as they're attracting viewers, the CW will keep riding that train.

William Costello
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 April 2018 at 7:34pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Eric Sofer: "William, you and I might wonder about the CW's preponderence of DC super hero shows... but as long as they're attracting viewers, the CW will keep riding that train."
Eric, that may be true for now, but DC /WB is developing their own DC streaming service (The "direct-to-consumer" digital service) for launch sometime in 2018 and the new TITANS live action series (developed with Greg Berlanti) will, at least for now, only be available on that service. Makes you wonder if this is where DC is going to start moving their live action series.
Michael, sorry about the incorrect quote above.

William Costello
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 April 2018 at 7:40pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Christopher Frost: "This show is at it's best when it just embraces the crazy. Going into the finale, I would never have expected to see a giant sized Beebo kung fu fighting with a giant winged demon. A fun ending to what is becoming my favorite of the CW DC shows."
Christopher, I found Season 3 generally less compelling that season 2. In my mind, season 2 flowed much better and had a more compelling story line with some good character development, especially for Caity Lotz's Sara Lance.
Saying that, however, the Beebo / Mallus confrontation almost made the whole of Season 3 worth it!!!

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2018 at 10:14am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

William, direct streaming services are very hot right now, no doubt. I subscribe to Netflix, so I guess I'm familiar with it... but I can't afford more than one. A new Berlanti series would be swell... but will it reach enough of the desired audience?

And the CW would be insane and a half to let those properties go. As a corollary, the one CW show about vampires* is leaving Wednesday nights at 9:00... a new home for LoT next season, I wonder?

*I never watched it - not a vampire fan - so I don't know the name of it. Yes, yes, mea culpa.

William Costello
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 April 2018 at 8:18pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Eric, I believe the streaming services will, at some juncture, hit a "tipping point." There's simply so much content out there now that can eat into your wallet as it is: cable, Netflix, Hulu, DC and Disney (coming in the next two years), CBS Online, You Tube, etc, etc. 

The consumer will start making choices on streaming, much like some consumers are closing their cable service.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |