Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 17 Next >>
Topic: Charlottesville Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2017 at 5:44am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I used to roll my eyes whenever I heard Obama platitudes on TV, but now I realize how important his calm, measured words were. Every sentence that comes out of Trump's mouth or Twitter feed inflames passions across the political spectrum. If he continues on like this, the country will devolve ... into what I dare not imagine. 

Edited by Joe Zhang on 14 August 2017 at 5:46am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2017 at 7:22am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

One of the more startling results from the Psycho Circus Peanuts' (PCP) presidency is my tolerance for horrible acts being pushed far beyond the threshold I had a year ago. He is very much packing 17.5 presidential terms worth of scandal and bad decisions into his first 200 days. I shake my head and his inability to directly address and condemn the racists over the weekend. Or at the very least to distance himself when the racists jump for validation joy by posting "Nothing specific against us" about his statements. The broad latitude that PCP's pundits on television want us to use in interpreting his statements is being interpreted by the terrorist right as, "He said he loves us all" and encouragement. It has become quite tiresome to get angry about this stuff almost daily for half a year.
Back to Top profile | search

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2017 at 7:35am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

His supporters are deluded.

You see, he's very specific if attacking SNL sketches or Arnie's THE APPRENTICE. He doesn't have a problem with specifics then. He does now.

Please, 45, resign. Go spend time with your family and playing golf. He surely must know how detested he is.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2017 at 10:09am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

It's really sad that the GOP still has enough of a base to sit by and do nothing to remove this clown from office. Are they waiting for another 9/11 on Trump's watch???

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2017 at 10:40am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The depressing takeaway is that Trump's base didn't vote for him despite the way he is. They voted for him BECAUSE of the way he is.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 14 August 2017 at 12:02pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

It's really sad that the GOP still has enough of a base to sit by and do nothing to remove this clown from office. Are they waiting for another 9/11 on Trump's watch???

•••

The GOP is all about "base". They are unlikely to do anything about him as long as some portion of the population supports him AND thinks he's a Republican. Tainted votes are still votes.

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2017 at 12:20pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

My friend's tweet says it all about 45:

Mark Waldman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2017 at 9:29pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

It's harder and harder to watch nowadays. None of this should be surprising. I hear the news reports and read comments online and people are surprised. Why? When Obama was in office, racism and hate came out in droves. No matter what Obama did or supported, they were against it. The Tea Party was born with help from Fox News and their viewers. The snowball began heading downhill and opportunist and showman Donald Trump started seizing the hate message and calling for birth certificates and rallying up the same assholes who march openly for the KKK and Nazi party now. The drum is beating loudly and unfortunately, while mathematically a smaller number, they are more motivated. They love being able to stand in the streets without hoods and try to kick "liberal pussies" in the sack. Their grand wizard in the White House had every opportunity along the campaign trail and on Saturday to denounce them, but of course did not. If one didn't know Trump's character from 30+ years of celebrity, one would wonder why a loudmouth who always speaks before thinking suddenly would be silent.

The Washington Post had an article citing Trump's dad arrested back in the day at a KKK demonstration. I'm not sure if it's merely a case of the apple not falling far from the tree or just his knowing his audience. His lame and late admonishment of the hate and violence obviously was done so against his will and with a smarmy wink. Unless Mueller gets to do his job, it's going to continue to be a rocky time. America is divided - hate does that. Sadly, nothing has been done to stop Russia from tampering with the next election, and the one after that. While I am proud of my leftist countrymen and women who get out and protest and bombard social media with outrage, unless everyone gets out and votes, it may not matter. Sad, ugly times. Embarrassing to be an American right now.

David Schmidt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2017 at 1:49am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Excuse me guys but I'll have a few questions to understand what happened here.

I must say I was very shocked to see pictures with the nazi flag in Charlottesville but I know Europe and America have two radically different conceptions of freedom of speech... so ok.

But are these extremists rallies frequent in the USA? And if not why did it happen specifically in Charlottesville?

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2017 at 3:25am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

But are these extremists rallies frequent in the USA? And if not why did it happen specifically in Charlottesville?

------

As to the why of Charlottesville, it's a progressive university town in a Southern state in the progress of removing Confederate monuments. It gave them something to rally around and a built-in counter-protest group to provoke. 

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2017 at 4:48am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Their grand wizard in the White House had every opportunity along the campaign trail and on Saturday to denounce them, but of course did not. If one didn't know Trump's character from 30+ years of celebrity, one would wonder why a loudmouth who always speaks before thinking suddenly would be silent.

Indeed.

If ratings for Arnie's THE APPRENTICE come through, or SNL do a sketch, 45 will tweet within a short amount of time, yet it took him three days to condemn these acts? Yeah, right.

Suppose you witness an argument at work: man makes racist slur against another man. If you stepped in and said, "Hey, that's wrong, I will report you to personnel", then you show your character; if, however, you remain silent for 2-3 days, and then come out and condemn it, the wronged person will rightly say, "Why didn't you say this 3 days ago?"

It's obvious 45 eventually condemned it because some adviser no doubt told him to.

David Schmidt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2017 at 4:51am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

As to the why of Charlottesville, it's a progressive university town in a Southern state in the progress of removing Confederate monuments. It gave them something to rally around and a built-in counter-protest group to provoke.

-------------

Thanks Michael!

<< Prev Page of 17 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |