Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 4
Topic: Policticians are in on it too.... Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2017 at 9:50am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Brian is right. Worst of all is that politicians and businessmen who truly repent of their actions and are genuinely sorry are leaving their positions... showing the integrity and character that we NEED in such positions.*

Damned assholes who couldn't care less, and who are NOT in the least apologetic (and may not even understand that what they did is wrong) are staying in droves. Deny, deny, deny, deflect, deflect, deflect...

The system is now in place to purge the good elements from our society, while having no effect on the worst members. Congratulations... we're weeding out the people we should want to stay.

*Yes, I know that some men are withdrawing because they don't want to get caught. I guess those assholes don't have the integrity to admit what they did... but at least they're gone.
Back to Top profile | search

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2017 at 11:20am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Dems are forcing harassers and predators out of their ranks at the same time that Republicans are welcoming them into theirs.

This country has lost it.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2017 at 1:52pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Charles Valderrama wrote:
This country has lost it.

And in other news, Paul Ryan announced today that now that he has (just about) succeeded in enacting massive tax cuts for the wealthy, his legislative priority for next year is to cut Medicare and Social Security in order to reduce the deficit created by his massive tax cuts for the wealthy.  Good lord. They've gotten so brazen they aren't even pretending to care about anyone except the ultra rich.  He's flat-out admitting he wants to cut the social safety net to give more money to the rich. 

Historically, the conventional wisdom has always been that pursuing cuts to Medicare and Social Security in an election year is political suicide.  But so much of the conventional wisdom has gone out the window in the last couple years I don't know what to think anymore.  Other than that if Americans can't be persuaded to pay attention to this issue and vote according to their own best interests, we truly are screwed as a country.

Adam Schulman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2017 at 2:38pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I was particularly disappointed to hear about John Conyers' bad behavior. I remember hearing that he was the only candidate for office that Martin Luther King ever endorsed.

Karl Wiebe
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2017 at 8:16pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I find the Al Franken resignation really disturbing.  I can totally understand that people are upset.  But I find it irritating when elected officials resign because other people (like the media, or citizens, or other elected officials) demand they resign.  They were elected.  So if they are convicted of a crime, then great, go ahead and step down.  Otherwise, shouldn't it up to the voters to decide if Franken should go or not?

In Canada we had Rob Ford (mayor of Toronto, notorious for consuming crack) and he didn't step down.  Officials were outraged.  Much of the public was outraged.  He said (paraphrasing) "either arrest me or let me get to work".  Doing crack is a crime.  The police will come and arrest you. 

But in Al Franken's case, I fear that the police here are the "morality police" decided that Al Franken had to go. Voters don't get a say.  At least let the process play out! 

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2017 at 9:27pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Jesus Christ. Can’t make this stuff up, people. Roy Moore thinks The last time America was great was during slavery times. Keep supporting him, GOP!

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 December 2017 at 12:41am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

There is no way to justify putting him in office. I've even heard that some people commented that they don't care if he's a pedo, at least he's not a Democrat or a Liberal. Those are some seriously f'd up priorities right there, and anyone who feels that way should do us all a favor and never ever vote again. 

Don't get me started on Paul Ryan. I wish some dirt would come out on him. He proved he was a moron back when he was Romney's running mate and got schooled by Biden during the VP candidate debate. Biden shot down just about everything Ryan claimed.

The more crap the GOP pulls, the more I'm tempted to go register as a Democrat.....

Edited by Brian Floyd on 08 December 2017 at 10:48pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |