Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 November 2017 at 4:13pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Roy Moore

Back to Top profile | search

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 November 2017 at 4:32pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

It was only a matter of time with this guy.

Alabama State Auditor Jim Zeigler is on fire with the defense: “There is nothing to see here. The allegations are that a man in his early 30s dated teenage girls. Even the Washington Post report says that he never had sexual intercourse with any of the girls and never attempted sexual intercourse.”

Also Ziegler: "Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 November 2017 at 5:27pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Too? That’s putting the cart before the horse. 

It’s typical that the Breitbart crowd who were enjoying their schadenfreude over the Weinstein scandal and the ensuing fallout as symbols of the hypocrisy and moral degeneracy of the Left are leaping to defend Moore. 

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 November 2017 at 9:20pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

It's hard not to fantasize about optimistic scenarios based on this news...

If Moore stays in the race, the scandal may be enough to make him lose.  I know a lot of voters will either chose to disbelieve the allegations (regardless of evidence) or will vote for him anyway.  But in the most recent average of polls he's only 6% ahead, so even a relatively small amount of voters becoming disenchanted could tip the race.  A lot of his support comes from evangelicals, and these allegations could be a hard pill to swallow for them, comparisons to the Biblical Joseph notwithstanding.

If he drops out of the race his name will still be on the ballot (it's apparently too late to remove it).  So there will likely be confusion that would lead to some people still vote for him, while others would write in his replacement, which would split the Republican vote.

If he stays in the race but Strange mounts a write-in campaign against him, that would also split the Republican vote.

Of course, the way this country is going, he'll probably stay in the race, say the accusers are lying, and win anyway, just like Trump.  

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 November 2017 at 10:04pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

A lot of his support comes from evangelicals, and these allegations could be a hard pill to swallow for them, comparisons to the Biblical Joseph notwithstanding.

——

This article is about Trump voters, but I think it would apply to Moore voters as well. In short, they don’t care if he keeps his promises or not, they don’t care about his failings, all they care about is that he’s expressing anger at the things they are angry about. 

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 November 2017 at 10:45pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Thanks for the article Michael. I will never understand that kind of mentality and if I was an American, I would be pulling my hair out in sheer frustration. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 November 2017 at 11:43pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Neil, Americans are indeed pulling out their hair in sheer frustration.  
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 November 2017 at 7:22am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Guys, he will STILL be elected. We had no problem electing a president that bragged about sexually assaulting women. 

Join the Republican Party! You can fuck kids (don’t be gay tho) and you can grab all the pussy you want!

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 10 November 2017 at 8:22am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

The chairman of the Bibb County Republican Party, Jerry Pow, said that he’d vote for Moore even if it was proved he committed a sex crime against an underage girl. “I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn’t want to vote for Doug,” he told the Toronto Star, referring to Democratic candidate Doug Jones. “I’m not saying I support what he did.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 10 November 2017 at 8:26am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

So a vote for a Democrat (Doug Jones) is "supporting the entire Democrat party" but a vote for Moore even if he sexually abused a minor was true wouldn't be supporting all sexual abusers?  Hypocrites.

"Yeah!" Covington County GOP Chairman William Blocker tells me he'd consider voting Moore even if hard proof of sexual abuse emerged.

"There is NO option to support to support Doug Jones, the Democratic nominee. When you do that, you are supporting the entire Democrat party."

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 November 2017 at 8:58am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH OUR COUNTRY??!!???

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 November 2017 at 9:10am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

When did our value system change to the point where as long as you’re a Republican, it’s ok to try to have sex with 14-year-olds?

And not only that, to have people defend it using the Bible?

Edited by Brian Miller on 10 November 2017 at 9:10am

Page of 4 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |