Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Movies << Prev Page of 3
Topic: 2017 Movie Ticket Sales Lowest Since 1995! Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 January 2018 at 7:11pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

My only complaint with reserve seating was that, when I lived in China, all the seating was reserved, which meant everyone would show up ten minutes late to the movie, chatting away on their phones and pushing through everyone to sit down. Some would still have smokes in their mouthes. Now that I am in Macau, the smoking has gone, but every play or concert or show I have gone to here always has lots of people showing up late, disrupting everyone. When I go to a movie in Canada, I always show up early so I can get the seat I want. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 11 January 2018 at 12:11am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I haven't really noticed that, but don't doubt your experience.  That said, I'll take a couple people in my row coming during the trailers (never had someone arrive after the actual movie started) to get the seats I want over hoping I get lucky enough to find two seats together at a packed house that aren't the first five rows.  
Back to Top profile | search

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 January 2018 at 4:17am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

The Chinese are noted for their inability to think about the other person, which to many Westerners looks like complete insensitivity to anyone else's feelings. I asked a local about it and they told me it was because the country has 1.5 billion people and you have to think of only yourself and your family. When you see someone blowing their nose in a public drinking fountain, it starts to make sense. I avoided going to movies in China. 

Just to add, when the town next to my rural village opened a movie theatre, we were quite excited. When we would ask when the movie would start, the girl told me the boss would phone them and tell them to start the movie. There was no schedule. The joys of the Communist system. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |