Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Movies
Topic: Bye Bye Braverman Sunday, March 11 @ 03:30 AM (ET), 1:30 AM (PT) Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member.

Posted: 04 February 2018 at 10:08am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

John has mentioned this film often, and since I have seen several people say they would like to see it, I note that it's finally being shown on Turner on March 11. It's rarely available, so catch it if you can.Technically, due to the ...unique way Turner schedules work, it's listed on the March 10th schedule. A quirky film, but I enjoy it.
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 04 February 2018 at 10:19am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

As I've mentioned before, my love affair with BRAVERMAN has had many steps to it. The first time I saw it, on TV when I was about 19, it was hacked to pieces for commercials. But I still managed to pull out of it the essential cleverness of the characterizations.

As Paul notes, it was rarely shown, so I did not rack up many viewings until it became available on order from the Warner Archive series. Then I discovered that in the forty-odd years since I'd first seen it I had progressed from a total naf when it came to New York, to being able to chirp "You can't get there from there!"

Jozef Brandt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 February 2018 at 9:49pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

They talk about this film all the time on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast.  I think the only cast member they have interviewed is Jessica Walter.  I didn't see it until about 10 years ago, so I was surprised to see Boss Hogg and Dr. No in it.  It's definitely in my list of favorite Lumet films. 

Paul Gibney
Byrne Robotics Member.

Posted: 06 March 2018 at 4:54pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Just updating this reminder. Also, it seems that the Daylight Savings time change may occur during the movie, so check your schedules.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply | Post New Topic |