Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | TV << Prev Page of 2
Topic: Netflix Marvel Shows: Are they too much? Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 March 2018 at 4:12pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Yes to DD, JJ and Luke Cage. Stalled on Iron Fist and haven't therefore watched Defenders or the Punisher or JJ 2.

I will probably hop back into Iron Fist and see what it brings me.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Robert Shepherd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 March 2018 at 7:22pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I've watched them all, and I think the writing has been very good (except for the obvious misses on Iron Fist), but I realized with JJ2 that I am getting really tired of the soul-crushing dark drama.  And for JJ2, the entire season had minimal action...almost none.

I'd like to see micro seasons to be honest. Maybe around 8 episodes. Less subplots, more super hero action, and more focus on the main plot.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2018 at 12:56am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

JJ2 season ended on what I think is a positive note for the character.  But her life is certainly different than it was when her season began.  

I thought JJ2 was excellent.  And yet again the Netflix shows gives us THE BEST villains.
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Rhodes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2018 at 10:26am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

JESSICA JONES has been the weak link for me. Possibly not a failing of the show, I just wasn't previously invested in the character. Got about halfway thru the first season and was more excited about Luke Cage being around. 

I wasn't jazzed about Season 2 since I didn't finish Season 1. 

What's not to like, though? A snarky, boozy, little chick that's super-strong. She was fun in THE DEFENDERS. I'll have to give her another chance at some point, I guess. 

And somehow, I haven't gotten around to seeing THE PUNISHER, even though I liked Bernthal's portrayal in second season of DAREDEVIL.  
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Jason Scott
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 March 2018 at 2:22am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I've always liked Krysten Ritter but I don't have a lot of love for the character of Jessica Jones. Felt like a bit of mismatch there. And in my opinion Eliza Dushku in the same role might have been better to get the look of the character.

I've also always thought Alias only had one really interesting story, and they used it up for the first season. But that may be because I have a low tolerance for Bendis's work. It's not quite as objectionable to me as Mark Millar's but it's not much above that level.

I did really want to see a season arc on Daredevil adapting the Born Again story-line, but the with the way they've wrote out Nuke and the once unlikely and now virtually impossibility of a Captain America appearance, it probably wouldn't compare very well with the original material. Ditching Urich and Wesley didn't help either.

I don't really feel like Luke Cage has enough interesting stories of his own for a long running set of seasons, and would much rather that he was in a show with Iron Fist, (loved their scenes in Defenders) or even have him actually married to Jessica Jones in her show.

And Punisher, I gave it a shot, but Frank Castle's only ever been interesting to me in a world of superheroes/villains. Take that, and even his costume out of the equation and it's just some Death Wish style vigilante story, which doesn't really interest me much. Certainly not enough to devote whole seasons of television to.

Back to Top profile | search

Ronald Joseph
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 April 2018 at 9:16am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I don't really feel like Luke Cage has enough interesting stories of his own for a long running set of seasons, and would much rather that he was in a show with Iron Fist

Agreed. Two great characters that just work SO perfectly when paired together. Right up there with Riggs and Murtaugh. I'd have much preferred a "buddy cop" style show called Heroes For Hire than the two lackluster solo shows we got. 

Though Luke Cage started strong and shit the bed in the second half. Iron Fist was crap, beginning to end. IMHO.  
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |