Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Sports Talk << Prev Page of 2
Topic: Your Pro Wrestling Memories Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 July 2018 at 8:06am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

They may not have mentioned the AWA/NWA but The Road Warriors (along with Flair) were definitely brought in with the assumption that the audience knew who they were and were brought in as top guys with essentially their same presentations as everyone expected.
Back to Top profile | search

Ryan Maxwell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 July 2018 at 10:29am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

In the 7th or 8th grade, my dad took me to my one and only live wrestling experience at the Oakland Coliseum.  The main event was the Junkyard Dog against Macho Man, who held the Intercontinental title. It was a great time, including leaving me shocked that Savage grabbed the PA mike and told the Dog to return the belt he held in the middle of the ring, or "I'm gonna kick your ass!'" That seemed totally scandalous to me back then.  My dad only took me because Miss Elizabeth was sure to be there.  Undercards included midget wresting, one or two minor WWF personalities that I don't even remember, and a couple no-name matches. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Shawn Kane
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 July 2018 at 10:34am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

We used to get the C shows in our area where the WWF would perform at one of the local high schools. I believe Jake the Snake was probably on top as a heel against someone like SD Jones. 

Shawn Kane
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 July 2018 at 10:41am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Michael Hogan, 
That show at the Cap Centre is one that two of my friends attended. My friends Chris, who is younger*, and my friend Jamie, who is my age**, both told me about that show at different times in the 90's. Chris loved Mr. Wonderful and was devastated because he could have won that match. Jamie actually became a Hulkamaniac because of the crowd reaction at that show!

*probably would have been about 8 or 9
**probably around 14 at the time.

Edited by Shawn Kane on 11 July 2018 at 10:44am

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |