Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 5
Topic: Team Names In Superhero Comics Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 April 2018 at 4:48pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Eric, I wasn't saying that Thomas set out to construct a team of counterparts. I was just finding it odd that what's we wound up with when examining the smaller version of the team Thomas fielded in the early issues.

The later Squadron, which was said to include not only the JSA, but also all the other Golden Age DC, Fawcett, and National heroes as well, is a different, and much larger, kettle of fish. You could find counterparts a-plenty in amongst that crowd for just about any team.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Drew Spence
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 April 2018 at 6:28am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I like Alpha Flight....it sounded like the maiden voyage or first steps of a new team. NEXT Men should have been the successor team to the X-Men.That would have been awesome. Perfect name.

X-Factor I think is the play on the definition of an X-factor. As in, unknown thing or ingredient. I never thought it was the sound, instead it was the definition that made it a choice.

As stated, the number of members hinted at- matters. Hellfire Club. Sounds tight and small- mutually exclusive. Legion is exactly that, but when the names/membership gets too big - I always feel like they'll let anybody in and probably have a few bums. lol

How do we feel about the word THE in front of a team. Needed, extraneous? I still read it as epic. I never gelled with adjectives...
The Incredible, Uncanny, Amazing, Spectac- well, before team names too. Once the best descriptors were taken, it was like ANY kind of boastful word was usable.
Back to Top profile | search | www

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 5
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |