Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum
Topic: Batman & Fantastic Four VS Dr. Doom & Mr Freeze Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2018 at 5:06am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Okay, Doctor Doom is in Gotham City (supposedly on 'official business'). Let's imagine there's a Latverian consulate in Gotham. There, he forms an alliance with Mr. Freeze. Or, in Doom's mind, Freeze works for him.

The FF are also in Gotham City. Soon after, the Dark Knight and the FF clash with Doom and Freeze.

How does the battle go?

What kind of weaponry/defences would Freeze and Doom come up with together?

How would Doom and Freeze get along? (Badly, I suppose).

What might Freeze have in store, technology-wise, against Thing, Human Torch, Reed, etc?

Let your imagination run away!
Back to Top profile | search

Laren Farmer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2018 at 7:22am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I think Doom would have some respect for Victor Fries (of Batman:TAS).  The first problem in my mind is addressing the reason that Doom would want Freeze to work for him...as what could he do that Doom himself could not.  I imagine it would be a case of convenience...Doom has a scheme that requires something to generate extreme cold and instead of whipping up a new invention himself, he decides Freeze would be adequate for the task. 

Of course Freeze would gladly go along if it meant restoring his wife...and it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume someone of Doom's reputation would have at least a fair chance of success in that regard. 

Freeze vs the Human Torch is a natural...though I think he might be more valuable as a weapon against Mr. Fantastic...freezing Reed to immobilize him.  

Freeze would also be able to hold his own against the Thing for a while if he's careful. 

Sue would take him out easily...but if Freeze struck first he could stop her from being a factor.  Problem there is the same as immobilizing Reed...there would still be the Torch, Thing and Batman who could get them thawed out.  Hopefully Doom would have planned accordingly to keep them occupied.

There are a number of fun ways this could go.  Reed offers to help  Freeze's wife...Batman gets Doom to underestimate him, or being the detective he is...finds out what Doom's REAL scheme is (which is not whatever he purported it to be to Freeze and the heroes).   

Back to Top profile | search | www

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2018 at 9:49am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Doom uses Freeze for his abilities and his knowledge of Batman. He plays upon Freeze's condition, fake-sympathizing, and pseudo (or maybe even really) promising a cure to his condition... and Nora's.

Doom is obviously holed up in the Latverian embassy in Gotham City. And just as obviously, Batman has scouted this building from top to bottom several times. Fritz the janitor might be the one who's done it... there are any number of ways.

Doom and Freeze have created ice and cold weapons that will freeze people by putting them into suspended animation, but not killing them. Freeze doesn't want to be a killer, and Doom wants slaves, not corpses.

One evening, midnight in the Baxter Building. Ben Grimm is watching the sports highlights of the week and he goes to the kitchen to make himself a sandwich and a beer. He gets back to his room, and a voice says, from his chair, "You forgot the mustard, Mr. Grimm," and a bat-glove covered hand holds out a bottle.

No alarms. No warnings. And of course, the FF come charging in, to see Batman in their HQ.

"Your adversary, Victor von Doom, is in my city. My city. This is not acceptable. I thought it would be polite to invite you to join me in stopping him."

Johnny: "Aw, come on! Doom has threatened to take over the world! What can you do?" In response, Batman tosses the jar of mustard to Johnny... and upon his catching it, it bursts into an ice water coating on the torch.

Batman: "I do my homework. That's how, Mr. Storm."

Reed: "Thank you for letting us know. We should absolutely get involved."

Batman: "Good. You three check into the Gotham Grand Hotel, penthouse suite A. Mr. Grimm, I'm afraid that prejudiced minds wouldn't be very welcome to you, so please go to the loading dock, and ask for Fritz. He'll get you to the suite surreptitiously."

Ben: "Yeah? But how's he gonna know when I git there?"

Batman smiles. "You can leave that to me."

The Bat-tle plan: Batman arranges for the FF to infiltrate the facility where Nora Fries is in suspended animation. He sets up a Superman/Batman identity switch with Reed and Sue. How? The right make-up and outfits are easy to arrange. Reed can shrink by compressing his form, and with some practice and pointers from Batman, can do so so quickly as to seem to disappear. Sue can coat her arms in a force field, and when necessary to simulate stretching, can simply conform her fields as necessary, inside the gloves.

Batman picks the Human Torch to accompany him to invade the Latverian embassy. "Wait a minute; we're fighting an ice guy, but you wanna take my flames away from the fight?" Silence and a glare provide him the solution.

The FF (FT?) confront Mr. Freeze and defeat him. Possibly without much of a fight.
Sue: "Why are you doing this? Why are you working with Dr.. Doom?"
Freeze: "My wife... my wife is in a frozen coma. Doom promised to awaken her."
Reed: "Doom promised? That is a hollow offer, friend."
Ben: "Yeah. Doom ain't never met a coat he didn't turn, pal. Ya deal with him, yer dealin' with th' devil. He'll make it turn out bad, ya can bet. 'Sides, ol' Stretcho here's smarter 'n ten Dooms. Why dontcha let him take a look? He won't ask ya fer nothin' in return."
Freeze: "You would do this for me? For nothing?"
Reed: "Helping people is what the Fantastic Four does best."

Batman and the Torch lure Doom into a freezer chamber in the embassy (more complaining by Johnny), but Batman has set it up to be lined with lead (which, even if Doom knew about, would approve of - gotta stop that X-ray vision somehow.) Batman has Johnny melt the room around Doom's armor.

Of course, Doom has a way out of this by getting out of his armor (explosive bolts or some such) - but now it's Doom vs Batman.
Doom: "Foolish human! I am a master of martial arts! I can defeat a dozen judo experts! I can crack a two inch iron beam with a single blow!"
Batman: "And I own a hundred pair of stretch socks. All I see in you Doom is a braggart... a normal human braggart."
Batman drives Doom into a rage - it's been done - and proceeds to wipe up the floor with him.

Of course this could go dozens of ways, but I think I would find this satisfying. Could Reed actually cure Nora Fries? Can we have a scene of Batman and the FF battling a squad or two of Doombots? Details, merely details.

Hope that garners your interest, Mr. Parry.

Edited by Eric Sofer on 24 September 2018 at 11:29am

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2018 at 9:56am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Well, I don't know who Mr. Perry is, but this guy - Robbie PARRY - likes it, Eric. ;-)

And that applies to you, too, Laren! Some intriguing questions raised by both.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2018 at 11:28am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

" I don't know who Mr. Perry is, but this guy - Robbie PARRY"
Oops. My spell checker only does American. Fixed in topic.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 September 2018 at 12:33am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Reed would probably cure both Nora AND Victor.... (And I don't mean Victor Von Doom)
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 September 2018 at 7:40am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Brian - Reed might be able to do something for Victor too... which would only enrage von Doom even more, and might even cause him to deface himself again. "Bah! None but Doom will EVER fix the demolished torment of a face! How dare Richards have such temerity? I must destroy him now, even more than ever!"

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply | Post New Topic |