Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Movies << Prev Page of 24 Next >>
Topic: SPIDER-MAN: Far From Home ~ SPOILERS begin pg 8 Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2019 at 4:32pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I really didn't like Homecoming I understand what they are doing (within the MCEU) but this isn't the Spider-Man I grew up with.  He shouldn't be a sidekick/more training/needs a mentor type stuff  in his second movie and this just looks like more of the same.  

Back to Top profile | search

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2019 at 2:46am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I think Mysterio will end up closer to his comics origin and MO than the trailers are leading you to believe.

=======================================================

That was the feeling I got from the trailer that Mysterio is playing a game with SHIELD.

Jim Muir
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2019 at 4:45am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

<<That was the feeling I got from the trailer that Mysterio is playing a game with SHIELD.>>

Yes... I do not believe Mysterio as 'hero from a parallel universe' in the slightest. Not one bit. He's a special effects guy who's power is tricking other people!

Shawn Kane
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2019 at 9:25am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

One of the turnoffs of Ultimate Spider-Man for me was his involvement with SHIELD. Maybe the movie will do a better job with the connection.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2019 at 9:29am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I'm loving this version of Spider-Man.
Young and inexperienced.  But so eager to BE A HERO!  And I never forget there is a kid underneath the costume with this version.  He's wide eyed and excited and naive.  He's fantastic and fun.

And I'm loving the pairing with him and other heroes in his movies.  Marvel Team-Up was one of my favorite titles when I collected.  I'd love to see Spider-Man movies do a take on that theme going forward.

Hopefully Sony won't get too greedy and snatch him back so they can take their turn at him.  

Brian Rhodes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2019 at 10:44am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I think they'll play it both ways: that there is evidence of parallel universes, but it will turn out that Mysterio is not really from one of them. 

Should make for interesting post-credit scenes...

Edited by Brian Rhodes on 07 May 2019 at 10:45am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Jason Larouse
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2019 at 9:19pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I have to say:

This isn't like 100% perfect but it is a way better costume than I ever thought we would see on the big screen. 

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 May 2019 at 2:31am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

What would have made it 100% ‘perfect’?  

Jim Muir
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 May 2019 at 7:03am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Losing the glowing, golden, centurion chestplate would go a long way. 
Is that a thing in modern Mysterio comics? 

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 May 2019 at 7:12am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

The screenwriters scratched their heads and thought, hmmm, what is missing? Then the lightbulb moment... Have another character know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man!

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 May 2019 at 12:55pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I have a feeling the whole "multiverse" thing is some kind of ruse by Beck to appear as a hero himself.

While it's a plausible theory I don't see the FF and the X-Men showing up as being from another universe, I don't know if that would work for the mainstream audience. But I could be wrong of course, the mainstream audience clearly accepts a lot more stuff than what I would have thought ten years ago.

I read another theory around that the Hulk being the one who snaps the gauntlet with his radiation may be the cause for possible mutations in the half of the people that come back, therefore introducing mutants in this universe. I like it better.

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 May 2019 at 1:03pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

The X-Men seem easier to introduce than the FF given the premise.  Prof. Xavier can have been running his school sub rosa for years now, and at whatever point they make an X-Men movie, he can come up with the idea, based on the public love for the Avengers, of having his senior students operate publicly as superheroes in order to foster a greater level of acceptance for mutantkind.

The multiverse thing might work better for the FF, if our goal is to avoid another origin movie.  Or do it as a 60's period piece implying that they aren't around anymore in the present day MCU, 58 years later.

<< Prev Page of 24 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |