Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Sports Talk << Prev Page of 2
Topic: SUPER BOWL LIII is Sunday, February 3rd - MAKE YOUR PICK! Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 January 2019 at 11:30am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Well, everybody knows who I support for years...I'll be for NE again, like my old frenemy Rick Senger.

Expecting another hell of a game for this year's last...I'll be watching it, probably alone by halftime in a ski station in the Alps, from midnight to 4AM.

This NE Brady Belichick run is...I can't find no word and I'm blessed I will have witness 9 (!) SB with my team in it and heck of games, all of them, grant us that ! No 80-90's AFC (or Denver-Seattle) blowouts. Wish everyone of you could have lived this.
I'm sad for my dear friend Pierre, a Who Dat Nation fan, we miss our dream SB matchup again...but I like Matt's read on the Payton's playcall.

Good game everybody, it's the last one before long (let's not talk about the Pro(s in Holidays) Bowl)..enjoy it !!!

Phil, Menton, France, 6:28PM ;)   
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 03 February 2019 at 11:59pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Congrats to Pats fans.  Hands down one of the most boring Super Bowls I've ever seen, but then again I've never been a fan of defensive contests.  Brady was amazing getting them there, but Edelman certainly deserved SB MVP.  

Now another long seven month slog with nary a sport I care enough about to follow...
Back to Top profile | search

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 February 2019 at 1:08am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

First the Sox and now the Patriots and both over LA teams.   It was, indeed, a tedious Super Bowl with far less offensive fireworks than recent more exciting SBs but a win is a win and Brady getting his sixth is sweet indeed.  Edelman was a deserving MVP but Gronk had himself another solid game (6 catches including the key one to get them to the 2 yard line) on the heels of 6 catches and a million great blocks versus KC so I hope he doesn't hang 'em up as has been long rumored. 

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 February 2019 at 8:21am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I may have to quit football until Bill Belichick dies.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 February 2019 at 12:57pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

How pathetically bad was this game?  BOTH QBs had a lower passer rating in this game than Rex Grossman did in his with the Bears.  And that's really bad....

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 February 2019 at 10:58pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I think both defenses did well but most of the work happened pre-snap, and the offenses really had trouble executing consistently.  A couple of the sacks and that Rams-TD defying work by McCourty were pretty much the exemplars of individual play.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 February 2019 at 11:28pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

i was hoping for a shutout, but holding the Rams to just a field goal was good enough.

But no way I'm for the Patriots in the Super Bowl again, unless they end up facing the Eagles one more time.

Tom Brady's retirement, when it eventually happens, should  be a national holiday. Fans in New England will be in mourning, while most of the rest of the country will be celebrating. Especially if Belichick retires at the same time.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |