Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Dr. Who MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Dr. Who
Topic: Logopolis in Theaters - 3/13/19 Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 March 2019 at 9:11pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

So they're showing Tom Bakers' last storyline as The Doctor next Wednesday:

http://www.fathomevents.com/events/doctor-who-2?utm_source=f acebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=doctor+who%3A+lo gopolis&utm_term=fathom&utm_content=retargeting& fbclid=IwAR0M0Oouwel_NgOzgVTTybaLtm0veHlqVV_P0hz8GpbCJItb2XE sZAmnEkE

I guess originally it was supposed to coincide with the release of the box set of the last Baker Season(which has now been pushed back another week or so according the email I got regarding when I should receive it), but it should be fun to watch this on a big screen with a special interview with Baker and two other actors from the finale...

Edited by Robert Kowalewski II on 07 March 2019 at 9:12pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Jozef Brandt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 March 2019 at 12:33am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Did they ever give a good reason for releasing season 18?  I think 14 should have been next if they weren't going to just go in order.  Ah well.

I did recently finally open my Season 12 blu ray set and found out that mine was one of those that had an audio glitch on the Sontaran Experiment (and a typo in the Revenge of the Cybermen credits).  They will send me replacements when they manufacture the next batch supposedly.
Back to Top profile | search

Robert Kowalewski II
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 March 2019 at 9:15pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Never heard a reason, I'm guessing they didn't get as many sales for Davisons' first season as they did for Bakers' first season. Maybe they'll release more of Baker depending on sales...

Craig Bogart
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 March 2019 at 8:40pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I've been trying to collect the DVDs for years, but fell short because too many went out of print as I was trying to accumulate them (such that it's still a bargain for me to get these full seasons at the price of a couple of the single-story DVD's I had been missing...).  Thing is, Doctor Who on video, whatever the format, has ALWAYS been released in a scattered, haphazard order.  They were NEVER released in chronological order, but hopped all over the timeline (no pun intended) instead.

So it doesn't seem odd to me at all that they're releasing them out of order.  That's how they've always done it.

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 March 2019 at 9:03pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

By the time I thought about getting the DVDs they were crazy cost prohibitive, so I'm doing the Blu-Ray sets as they come out.  I get why they would alternate Tom Baker with the later doctors since he's so much more popular.  And I get why it will be awhile before they're ready for the huge project of trying to do Blu-Ray editions of the first two Doctors.

Robert Kowalewski II
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 March 2019 at 9:24pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

It looked good on the big screen, there was a brief snippet of a Tom Baker interview and one of the new extras for Logopolis that they showed.  Hopefully I'll get my Amazon UK shipment before the end of the month...

Jozef Brandt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2019 at 2:17am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Received both my Season 18 Blu Rays as well as my replacement discs for the Season 12 box set.  Will probably have a marathon watch next weekend. 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply | Post New Topic |