Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | TV << Prev Page of 2
Topic: Stranger Things 3 ~ Spoilers Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 July 2019 at 2:33pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

QUOTE:
But an entire squad of Soviets operating out of a small town, building a mall to cover their operation and then easily corrupting the mayor seems a bit of a stretch somehow.

A group of kids discovering that Soviets have bribed their way into building a secret underground base under a shopping mall and let out a monster is equal parts totally ridiculous and the most perfect 80s kids action movie plot ever. Loved it.

QUOTE:
It did make me wonder if Cary Elwes mayor character would be tried for treason or not. It seems like he should be.

The government covered up what really happened. Putting the mayor on trial for treason would put that all out in the open.

Back to Top profile | search

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 July 2019 at 2:35pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Maya Hawke is a little bit unsettling in that she looks exactly like the result of putting pictures of Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman in one of those apps that blend two people together.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 July 2019 at 2:53pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I thought she was really cute. 

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 July 2019 at 3:22pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Robin is definitely my favorite character of this season. 

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 July 2019 at 11:56pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The "Russian Terminator" stuff in episode 4 made me laugh out loud. I wondered if it was a shot for shot thing with that actor imitating Arnold from one of the Terminator movies, but it may just be the way he held the gun, walked, etc. Either way, it really made me chuckle.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 18 July 2019 at 5:22pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Finished last night.  Absolutely loved it.  Michael is right in that the underground Russian facility built beneath a mall is the most perfect 80s crazy action plot.  I thought there were some great action set pieces amid a trove of heartfelt moments for most of the cast.  The way it perfectly captures the 80s, a decade that was a huge part of my formative years, continues to amaze.  I also agree with the opinions here and elsewhere: Maya Hawke was the breakout this season.  I thought she was absolutely fantastic.  Huge props to Dacre Montgomery ("Billy") as well.  I hated him in Season 2, but thought he was a fantastic villain for Season 3.  He gave depth to a character that could have been a one note throwaway and perfectly encapsulated the 80s teen bully popular in films of the time.  

As much as Season 2 had huge highs and deep lows, I thought Season 3 was eight consistent episodes of pure fun.  Looking forward to Season 4...in 2021!  ;)

Rick Whiting
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 July 2019 at 10:16pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

This third season was great. Stranger Things is one of my favorite live action streaming shows.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |