Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Movies << Prev Page of 4 Next >>
Topic: Black Widow Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 March 2020 at 7:11pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I would have been happier if they used an actual skull-face mask, instead of a painted motorcycle helmet. They probably didn't want the audience to confuse him with the Red Skull. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 17 March 2020 at 10:47pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

No surprise, but BLACK WIDOW has been pulled from the release schedule.  

Interesting to see how this all shakes out.  The entire end of March and all of April slate (save for the TROLLS sequel which is set to hit VOD day and date with a release in theaters that are still open) has been delayed. Release dates are taken up years in advance, so what has to move when you've got blockbusters like A QUIET PLACE II, BLACK WIDOW and NO TIME TO LIVE trying to find a place to live?  And if it's a potential 12 weeks, the longest AMC is projecting to be closed at the moment, that's mid-June and affects a raft of other films. 

Interesting times... 
Back to Top profile | search

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 March 2020 at 11:35pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Universal Pictures is releasing its current movies online because of coronavirus

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2020 at 1:29am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

My local cinema has announced it is to close for a
while. I`m guessing that smaller films may go straight
to streaming/pay per view leaving space for the
blockbusters in future schedules. The longer this goes
on, the film companies will have to adapt, as will other
industries.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 18 March 2020 at 1:44am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Yes, Universal's decision is interesting but they also open themselves up to pirating..to the extreme.  If I can rent the movie, set up my 4K phone in a perfect environment to capture said video and then pirate it for pennies, that's the loss in revenue studios are facing. Yes, I think theater chains need studios more than studios need chains, but there is a reason chains exist.  Sure, you can also pirate a film in any theatre in the world, but it's going to be with audience noise in a crowded theatre.  But given the pristine environment of home video?  No way is Disney going to do that with BW.  Universal and TROLLS: WORLD TOUR?  Sure. The other movies they've released in February that are already out of the gate?  Absolutely.  A currently unreleased Marvel event film?  Not a chance in hell.

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 September 2020 at 12:57pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

The release date has been moved to May 7, 2021.

That will be 22 months since Spider-Man Far From Home, which is the longest gap between MCU films since the 23 months separating Incredible Hulk in 2008 and Iron Man 2 in 2010.

2020 will be the first calendar year without a MCU release since 2009.

A new trailer was released with TENET and NEW MUTANTS, but I will refrain from linking since it's apparantly only online as a leak.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

William Costello
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 September 2020 at 5:57pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

CNBC has an article on their website - the MARVEL movie slate for 2021 gets pushed farther back:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/23/disney-postpones-black-widow -marvel-slate.html

Movie industry dealt devastating blow as ‘Black Widow,’ Marvel slate postponed - Sarah Whitten, CNBC

"The movement of “Black Widow” impacts Disney’s entire slate of Marvel Cinematic Universe movies and TV shows. “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” has been pushed to July 9, 2021 and “Eternals” has been shifted to a Nov. 5, 2021 release date. "

"While a trailer for “Wandavision” has debuted during the Emmys broadcast, there is no set release date for the show on Disney+. Additionally, “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier,” which was expected on the streaming service in August, but hit production issues during the coronavirus pandemic, also doesn’t have a debut date."

Bill Guerra
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2020 at 1:30pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I think this killed my desire to see this slate of MCU movies. I mean, it was already on shaky ground for me (The Eternals? Master of Kung-Fu? A years late Black Widow solo film?) and this drives the final nails into the coffin for my interest. 

I'll probably catch them at home but I have no desire to go out to a theater to see them.  

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 September 2020 at 7:19am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I don’t want to go to the theaters.....but Black Widow would get me to consider it.   It would be a tough call.  So I’m hoping it arrives on Disney+ sooner rather than later.

My desire for the MCU movies has never been higher.  This has been like some kind of nasty withdrawal.  

Doug Jones
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 September 2020 at 5:03pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I would count on later rather than sooner. And probably much later.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 02 October 2020 at 1:40am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

BLACK WIDOW isn't making a MULAN-style appearance on an enhanced D+.  Ever. They will push that film out however long it takes until the American moviegoing public in the most populous markets (LA and NYC) feels comfortable enough to return. TENANT is a bomb and MULAN, as much as Disney wants to tout it as a success, has disappointed in the international markets for which it was created.  

There's a reason it was pushed a full year.  It may be pushed again depending on the state of cinema in North America.  It's just that bad, folks.  No getting around it.  

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 02 October 2020 at 1:52am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Bill Guerra wrote:
I think this killed my desire to see this slate of MCU movies. I mean, it was already on shaky ground for me (The Eternals? Master of Kung-Fu? A years late Black Widow solo film?) and this drives the final nails into the coffin for my interest.

Putting aside COVID delays that push back a film for a year which can't be blamed on anyone, what is shaky for you about THE ETERNALS? About seeing THE MASTER OF KUNG-FU on the big screen?  Jesus!  I can't think of two more exciting projects for the MCU to take on than these!  

Considering what they did with GUARDIANS and THOR (and what we saw of THE ETERNALS in the original THOR and the first GUARDIANS), I couldn't be more excited for this team (who has experienced very few missteps) to take on those two projects.  

Confidence level: High

Excitement: Monumental

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |