Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 19
Topic: Commonalities Guessing Game Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 November 2019 at 8:34pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Brian Hague wrote:
Did anyone want to take a swing at the questions I still have open?

Superman, Wonder Woman, Thor & Loki, Sub-Mariner & Namora, Archie, Peter Parker, and Emma Peel.

Alan Scott, Bart Simpson, Woodstock, Kermit the Frog, & Link from Legend of Zelda.

Looks like the thread has run its course and I still got nothin' on these. Care to reveal the answers?
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 November 2019 at 1:16am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I didn't think anyone was still interested... :-( 

Superman, WW, Thor & Loki together, Sub-Mariner & Namorita together, Archie, Peter Parker, and Emma Peel all starred in adventures taking place in their youth. Superboy, of course; Wonder Girl and Wonder Tot during the Kanigher years; various Tales of Asgard; "Dawn of the Sub-Mariner" stories from the 1950's (some of the most beautifully illustrated comics I've ever seen, by the way); & Lil' Archie. Peter Parker is a bit of a curve ball since the adventures of Lil' Petey were a humor feature done by Fred Hembeck in later issues of the Marvel Tales reprint book. Emma Peel had a recurring strip in a British comics magazine that took place back when she was teenaged Emma Knight cleverly looking out for the interests of her father's company.

Alan Scott, Bart Simpson, Woodstock, Kermit, & Link rely upon knowing existing trivia about the characters. The answer isn't really something that can be puzzled out or intuited. All of the characters are usually shown to be left-handed. When Link wasn't in one of the later games, it raised some ire among fans. 

I hope the consternation wasn't an unpleasant one. The idea behind all of these was to have fun. Thanks for playing along so avidly, Dave! And the same to everyone who participated! 

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 19
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |