Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 4 Next >>
Topic: Sapiosexual Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 September 2019 at 4:22pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

The National Advisory Commission on Human Rights (CNCDH in french)wanted, in 2013, (and if you did not already know), that the procedures for changing sex in the civil register be simplified and accelerated.

Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 20 September 2019 at 5:13pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

“Sapiosexual” doesn’t sound like “changing sex”. Hell, it doesn’t even sound like sex. It sounds like personal taste.

We have to STOP chopping ourselves into smaller and smaller pieces!

stephan Etienne
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 September 2019 at 1:18am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

You are quite right, Mr. John Byrne (I must "dream"), but in this case, would the "mind" of one person still be the determining factor for an "attractiveness" to another person..? Doesn't an individual's "modified" body repel us..? I think that on the basis of this slanting , the theory of sapiosexuality does not hold and that attraction is an 'all', although intellectuals are also attracted to intellectuals or, quite the opposite, people 'lout' and without 'manners', 'animals'. Everything is more or less "sexual" according to Freud but this term "embarrasses" us because it reduces the human being to more or less "low instinct" [(therefore sexuality would be 'dirty', while it leads to 'love' between two human beings or "else", according to me… Isn't everything "full of "love" (and hate, then…?)] while he is also made of feelings, he does not take it and does not consider it as such in his "whole" , he who also aspires to "purity" and "angelism" (the vaults of the Sistine Chapel, among others..)

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 September 2019 at 2:33am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Look, many people have 'types' they go for.

Are we going to create sexual orientations for people that only go for redheads, blondes, brown haired people? People that are attracted to Asians? White women that walk around saying 'Once you go black, there's no going back'?

We used to call this having a 'type'. I guess we are going to name each and every one of these now and create teeny, tiny groups and start to demand that these are given the same 'status' (for want of a better term) that the people who have actually been ridiculed, hurt and legislated against needed.

We are losing perspective on what is important here.

For crying out loud, we don't all need to tell everyone that the only thing that defines me is who I am attracted to - there are more things that define us than that.
If you are persecuted for it, then that needs addressing. If you just have a type and (in all honesty) no one gives a damn, shut up and stop muddying the waters. It's jumping on a bandwagon and could cause real harm to the progress that has been made for the groups that really needed that progress.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

stephan Etienne
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 September 2019 at 3:29am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I think that sapiosexuality is a mistake because what "attracts" is above all retinian and therefore passes through the eye; then comes the whole, all the matter, which defines the person in its entirety (he or she is charming and intelligent etc.); as in the comic strip, it is the drawings that attract first, before the scenario and the story, the place of drama and drama" tragedy", as well as love and heightened romanticism (as in a Shakespeare play what) In France, we had "the late" Lug editions from Lyon région that published all the Marvel comics ("Strange", "Titans" ", "Special Strange" "Nova" etc.) in cardboard version and square back, with beautiful and artistic blankets hand-painted by the immense and regretted "Jean Frisano" ... It was, every month or every two months  (or three or more  with often two episodes of the same series in the same "Marvel comic" in order to make up for the delays in publishing on American publications.) a real joy to find them in bookstores or newsstands (it was thus forced by the eye, the "eyes" what..) for the teenagers that we were then,

stephan Etienne
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 September 2019 at 3:55am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

We would thus return to one of the darkest periods in the history of European 'morals', with the selection of the breed but this time by 'calibrant' the sexual orientation and appearance of each people...

stephan Etienne
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 September 2019 at 4:17am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Personally, the modified human being would scare me and run away; (there is more and more discussion with nanotechnology and it has already started in Spain in "artistic" manipulations, with antennae attached to the head to capture the "vibrations of the earth", being directly in "connected with it". I love the "domesticated beast" in man, with "remains" of childhood too, which makes him terribly attractive and sexy [(natural what, which would tend to "disappear" (end of a civilization..? Look at the fabulous drawings of Mr. John Byrne (and the late Dave Cockrum) on Serval in the equally fabulous episode at the 'funfair', imprisoned and sweat-ridden to free himself from his chains, hairy as ever like a grizzly bear, gets debating like a "beautiful devil" and a "furious bull"...

stephan Etienne
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 September 2019 at 4:26am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Serval = Wolverinne..;

stephan Etienne
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 September 2019 at 4:44am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Dave Cockrum, Neil Adams (and of course) John Byrne, are the Michelangelo sets of American superheros comics, with a very aesthetic "blush" and an even more glamorous for John Byrne on the "ugliness" of the world...

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 September 2019 at 5:02am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I think the internet and social media is partly to
blame, everyone wants to be "special" and "unique" to
the point of there being about 60 different gender types
being bandied about (I saw a list recently!). If people
like Sam Smith can`t decide what gender they identify as
on a particular day, it`s their problem, not the rest of
society`s.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

stephan Etienne
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 September 2019 at 5:16am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

The Internet is "responsible" for good as well as bad things everything works in "bînome" in life, joy, sadness, fear and courage, life and death etc. We almost have to go on it, that's certain and how else to do it now since the time it exists.? It's impossible, too convenient. Ultra-conneced generation is like this and we would not go back ...

stephan Etienne
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 September 2019 at 5:18am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

60 different gender types with human DNA...

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |