Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 32 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.06--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 November 2019 at 6:20pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Kangs of Future Past!

------

Fingers crossed ol' Vizh make it out of this story in one piece.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Jim Petersman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 November 2019 at 11:12pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I cannot adequately express how good it feels to be able to read a comic that feels like a real Marvel comic (to me) again! Subplots on top of subplots, guest characters in supporting roles, Scott as a hero and capable leader, Wolverine as an effective but barely controlled killing machine again...everything about this work is just a national treasure.
Back to Top profile | search

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 November 2019 at 3:57pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Richard S. - I don't want to "speculate", but Mr. Byrne is well known for putting the toys back in the box before leaving. I am confident that the Vision will suffer no significant transformations as a result of this story, save for having direct experience with Sentinels - which can be used in the future, or quietly put aside until (or if) necessary.

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 November 2019 at 7:09am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

About "putting the toys back in the box"... That's in a situation where a writer like JB is having to work in a shared continuity with other creators. That's not really the situation here. Even if Marvel had published ELSEWHEN it would have been an alternate storyline from the rest of the Marvel Universe and would not cause any issues with current continuity, but ELSEWHEN is fan fiction, so it definitely doesn't impact on continuity. As I see it, that gives JB free rein to do things he wouldn't have done in the published, canon Marvel books.

About today's page: Sweet!! Captain America in action! He might have missed the Sentinels by "that much" (as Maxwell Smart might have put it), but I suspect he will get another shot soon. 

Back to Top profile | search | www

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 11 November 2019 at 7:18am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

As far as putting--or keeping--the toys in the box, it's not my intention with ELSEWHEN to "invade" other titles. These guest appearances are just that, characters wandering into my tale(s) as needed.

One small exception is coming up, but it's sorta-kinda a nod to my own work elsewhere, so I think it'll be okay.

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 November 2019 at 7:59am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Almost a year ago, JB teased out what would be page 4 with the Scarlet Witch and at least hinted that the Avengers would make an appearance in Elsewhen. I think in April this year that hint was confirmed with another teased page showing the Avengers arriving at Xavier's school. This book is so much fun and pages like today's page 6 makes me smile ear to ear. Awesome page, JB.

Mark McKay
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 November 2019 at 8:55am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Did one of the Sentinels get taken out?
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 November 2019 at 9:07am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Captain America... utterly fearless! In pursuit of a freakin' Sentinel?! Those kinds of moments make me think he's my favorite.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 11 November 2019 at 9:15am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Did one of the Sentinels get taken out?

•••

Yes, I didn’t want Wanda to be completely ineffectual.

Maybe I’ll add a caption.

Paul Wills
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 November 2019 at 9:30am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Man oh man - Captain America never looked better! This story line is so good and format of a page a day is working so well for the excitement of the story (I'm trying not to constantly compliment but I can't help it!)
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Nathan Greno
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 November 2019 at 9:34am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Mark: Did one of the Sentinels get taken out?

I completely missed that! I just went back and looked over the pages again — but you’re right, there are 3 Sentinels on page 4. Good eye! 

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 November 2019 at 10:38am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

THERE ARE FOUR SENTINELS! Well, in an Orwellian sense, anyhow...

Captain America! Because OH MY GOD, CAPTAIN AMERICA! Mr. Byrne, you make me think that Jack Kirby's was never better. As good as, yes; but you deserve an equal spot on that platform, I think.

Another run of pages without the X-Men in them... sigh. Of course, the Avengers are worth it and more than worth it.

Speaking of sentinels... can you tell us if the other original X-Men will be showing up? I figure there's a better than average chance for Beast, but I'd like to see your Angel and Iceman too. (How you make your Iceman unique escapes me... but on a pageful of Iceman drawings, I think I could pick yours out.)

This story and art, and page-to-page cliffhangers are an amazing delight. I cannot tell you how I appreciate these!

<< Prev Page of 32 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |