Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 25 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.07--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 December 2019 at 11:26am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

-And for that reason, Shaw withdrew them, correct? Is that how you also read it?-Nathan

Yes dude, I read it that Shaw made the call.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Paul Wills
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 December 2019 at 11:32am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I love your panel layouts. These have really been so effective in the delivery of the story.

Manuel Soler
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 December 2019 at 12:29pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Well for people asking about Shaw's "invisibility" as a mutant to Sentinels, there was an explanation in What If? vol.2 #47. In the Elsewhen universe this may also apply or not!

Edited by Manuel Soler on 27 December 2019 at 12:30pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Manuel Soler
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 December 2019 at 12:34pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I have some suspicions about the new Sentinels in last page. I believe they aren't normal Sentinels and that they come with a big surprise in their interiors that may explain some things about the Sentinels actions!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 December 2019 at 2:29pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Good grief! How tall is Wolverine in that panel?!?
Back to Top profile | search | www

Sean Sinclair
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 December 2019 at 5:12pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

John Byrne wrote:
Remember that Shaw’s experience of Phoenix was as a ramped up version of Marvel Girl, but not the fully unleashed Dark Phoenix. Since Mastermind was able to mess with her—up to a point—Shaw would have no reason to assume she was beyond his scope.

Shaw also remembers when the Knights of Hellfire defeated (or at least stymied) Phoenix with a psionic scrambler in #129, and Jean had to be rescued by Dazzler. So, as JB points out, he has every reason to think of her as a very powerful, but still beatable, mutant. 
Back to Top profile | search

Mal Gardiner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 December 2019 at 10:30pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Here’s a thought - what sort of feedback loop would we get if Kitty phased through the Vision just as he went intangible?

Darren Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 December 2019 at 3:53am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

-what sort of feedback loop would we get if Kitty phased through the Vision just as he went intangible?-Mal

My mind was walking around these sorts of questions Mal. 

So initially I wondered if Vision turned intangible and stood halfway through a wall, could you step through him to escape? 

Common sense sort of says no. 

The wall is unaffected it is still solid, just the Vision is intangible (or at least that is what we assume. He would certainly appear intangible as he walked through objects, even if his power was to turn other things intangible.)

Kitty can alter her own 'frequency'. So if there is a wall that has more 'noise', like Vibranium, it appears that in some cases, if she concentrates hard enough she can attune herself appropriately. 

So I wonder if the Vision and Kitty have the same base setting. Meaning they might collide while intangible, Kitty would need to concentrate to phase past him or one might be forced to become tangible to aid the other.

Kitty seems to need to be in physical contact with the surface she wants to effect. So I wonder, could she phase through Ironman's armour while Tony Stark was wearing it, tune the armour to intangible while she is inside, and 'wear' the armour away from Tony Stark, for example. 

If Kitty's eyes still work while intangible does she 'see' the inside of objects as that would be pretty gross going through a biological object. Sort of like those images of body slices we are shown from a CT scan.

Fun to think about but more fun to see. I'm loving seeing John's X-Men come to life and how he unravels the story of the world they are in. 

Seeing Kitty in the X-men and getting her perspective on, what is a changing world for mutants. One where the response isn't to build a wall around them but to amputate the limb they are attached to. Scary.

-D

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 28 December 2019 at 9:09am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Careful! You’re ranging into how-can-Santa-visit-all-those-houses-in-one-night territory!!

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 December 2019 at 12:30pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Those look like Mandroids to me, although I'm sure they're another, deadly type of sentinel. The layout of that final panel literally got a wow out of me.

Mr. Byrne, thank you very much for a wonderful daily treat! These stories are gripping, the art is constantly improving*, and it is always a treat. I'm not an especially smart guy to begin with, but I cannot understand how someone at Marvel can look at this product and NOT jump on the phone with an "ANYTHING YOU WANT!" contract to get you back. In my opinion, their intention is to sell comics - and this is product that would sell like hotcakes at the Donner Party Family Reunion.

*Is it a paradox? So be it.

Rod Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 December 2019 at 4:06pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I love the power-mad inset of Sebastian Shaw on that last page.  The intensity/insanity in his eyes really comes through!

Tim O Neill
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 29 December 2019 at 10:44am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Fantastic end to this issue! The sentinels have been relentless, the team has
been on the run, and I am enjoying every moment!

Thank you for the best series of the year, JB!!!

<< Prev Page of 25 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |