Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | TV
Topic: Better Call Saul Season 5 Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2020 at 10:27am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Season 5 premieres at the end of February.  Today, AMC announced a renewal for a sixth and final season to air next year.  That last season will be 13 episodes bringing the total to 63.  All of the teaser material they've released so far looks both promising and a little sad, as there's a lot less Jimmy and a lot more Saul.
Back to Top profile | search

Trevor Krysak
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2020 at 2:16pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

63 episodes means it has one more than Breaking Bad. I'm really hoping they can find a way to keep this universe going. The quality of Breaking Bad and BCS have been very high. It'd be great to see that carry on on another series.

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 January 2020 at 5:49am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

They can keep going back in time for more series ideas. Like Mike Ehrmantraut's life as a beat cop. Or a younger Gus Fring. But that's kind of hitting the proverbial barrel bottom. 

Edited by Joe Zhang on 18 January 2020 at 5:54am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rob Ocelot
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 January 2020 at 3:14am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

63 episodes means it has one more than Breaking Bad.

Or an equal number if you factor in EL CAMINO. 

;-)

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 January 2020 at 5:14pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

63 episodes means it has one more than Breaking Bad. I'm really hoping they can find a way to keep this universe going. The quality of Breaking Bad and BCS have been very high. It'd be great to see that carry on on another series. 
+++++++++

Not so sure about that. I think weíve seen over and over that less is more, with these things. In this era of the Franchise Apocalypse, commercial interests have superseded artistic ones, and these properties now get milked to death. Better to make oneís points and then exit gracefully. 

Sure, I think thereís plenty of potential for other shows set in the BB/BCS universe, but less is more. Weíve had a solid decade- plus of toótier entertainment for a Gilligan and his crew, and I think theyíll deserve a well-earned rest after BCS ends. Iíll be happy and proud to have the 62 episodes of BREAKING BAD, EL CAMINO, and the 63 episodes of BETTER CALL SAUL on my shelf, in a few years. A great, epic story which was well-told. The End!

...assuming that BCS doesnít jump the shark or suddenly go woke, of course. I canít believe that would ever happen, given the talent and focus of the people running the show, but nothing seems bulletproof, now. BCS (along with THE ORVILLE) is my oasis in the desert of modern TV. I need it to not suddenly go off the rails, as so many other properties have.

Anyway, Iíll soon be cracking open my Blu-Ray set of the fourth season, so as to refresh myself before the season premiere. I purchased it many months ago, and Iíve been waiting patiently. But not as patiently as the year-and-a-half between seasons!

While Vince Gilligan is no longer directly involved, I have great faith in Peter Gould. Iím very curious to see how they pull this season off. The show has gotten better and better and better as itís gone along, and the key challenge now will be transitioning Jimmy McGill into the newly-minted Saul Goodman while still making him a compelling and sympathetic (?) character.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 02 February 2020 at 12:16am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Greg Kirkman wrote:
...assuming that BCS doesnít jump the shark or suddenly go woke, of course.

Had to get that jab in there, didn't ya?  As someone astutely said in another thread... "Greg Kirkman.  Fun at parties."  

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply | Post New Topic |