he knew it had no effect on crime. This is from a guy who
is supposedly data-driven in making decisions. Is he even
really sorry? He is only apologizing now because he is
running for President.
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 14 February 2020 at 11:02am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Condemning Bloomberg for “stop and frisk” is like condemning Truman because he called Black people “niggras”. The bad must be balanced against the good.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 February 2020 at 11:28am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

You must admit you’re perspective on the situation may be different than say, mine.

Edited by David Allen Perrin on 14 February 2020 at 11:29am

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 February 2020 at 11:30am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I hope people follow that sentiment, JB. In my opinion any of the democratic candidates would be better than the current president. I hope people can get past the nominee's bad qualities and vote because of their good ones. Validating what is currently going on in the White House for a second term would be a disaster.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 14 February 2020 at 12:13pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Republicans seem to support Trump because his bad qualities are outweighed by his less bad qualities.

I watch him lying his way thru speeches, with flocks of supporters cheering behind him, and I cannot imagine what it is they see in him that they can legitimately support.

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 14 February 2020 at 12:17pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

You must admit you’re perspective on the situation may be different than say, mine.

•••

Of course. But I would hope your “perspective” would include the BIG PICTURE. Focus narrowly on a candidate’s shortcomings, and literally NO ONE is electable.

Michael Bunge
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 February 2020 at 9:03pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Imperious oligarch with authoritarian tendencies?  Sign me up!

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 February 2020 at 9:08pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I watch him lying his way thru speeches, with flocks of supporters
cheering behind him, and I cannot imagine what it is they see in him
that they can legitimately support.

He makes it ok for them to be racist, bullies, sexist, liars and cheats.
He’s the ultimate personification of them.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 February 2020 at 11:16pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I think Bloomberg can do the job that's going to be needed to be done. He's proven, and he's had as many successes as Trump can only pretend to have had.

The stop and frisk thing is something he will have to face head-on and overcome multiple times.

I was thinking maybe the best we could get would be a Biden/Klobuchar ticket... but perhaps another B, Bloomberg/Klobuchar? I think Amy Klobuchar is going to be a perfect VP able to restore respectability and civility for the U.S. at home and abroad, an ambassador for sanity and genuine public service, and the voters can get to 'make history' with her.

It's up to Bloomberg to go and convert and win people over. Attacks on his height are about the best Trumpo will come up with aside from paying off what few black people and women he can to stand behind him at his b.s. rallies with those mass-printed signs of his '______s for Trump'. Any black, hispanic or female who would take that money and stand with those b.s. signs has a sold their soul far too cheap if they aren't just told after to sue for it. I have only pity for them, dinosaurs or dodos soon to be forgotten or laughed about. I can't imagine there would be enough muslims for Trump to fill a golf cart.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 14 February 2020 at 11:21pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 February 2020 at 11:40pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Bernie would've lost me when he pulled the stunt of driving a bus full of seniors to Canada for our 'cheap' prescription drugs. Making us a solution for your problem like that is causing shortages where now we go to fill our prescription and suddenly they can't get them in, tell you to call around, maybe another pharmacy still has a few in stock, people on chemo have been told they can skip a couple weeks, diabetics told to go to emergency when they can't get insulin... and now the prices are creeping up for us too, one pill I have had for over a decade is up two and a half times in price what it was for over a decade (when it's even available at all). Trump wants to pass something so all fifty states can mass import our drug supply, and how is Bernie any more responsible if he helps Canadians die? You see, most of us, we can't shop elsewhere in our system. Bernie's solutions sure don't work for me... if I get abruptly knocked off one of my meds there have been deaths related to that. Aren't you getting suspicious of the big promisers?

Bernie Sanders; a fine Senator, good rousing speeches that hopefully make some people feel a cosncience (although like Michael Moore there are details he leaves out that don't fit the vision he's trying to sell)... not a good president. Maybe they will put him in charge of fixing your health care mess, that'd be great, but not if it's robbing others of their fairly negotiated drug supply for their people. :^(

Oh, don't want to know, or who cares about Canadians... I'm probably on ignore anyway which one made clear I was. It's up to you to really dig a bit and find the truth, I honestly don't recognize the pictures of Canadian health care Bernie and Moore have painted, people get worse and really do die in waiting lines! And now we have our drugs disappearing from our shelves putting even more into risk with no legal alternative. Bernie's promises, while not as extravagant as Warren's are more Boris Yeltsin grand standing than Gorbachev pragmatism... not practical, not real, all about some optimal conditions that will never persist outside his pieces of paper. Bloomberg is and has had to be practical. Don't waste your time on the grand visionaries of the left is my advice, please, because we all need the real U.S. of A. back A.S.A.P.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 14 February 2020 at 11:43pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |