Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | TV
Topic: Who new on the CW? Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 February 2020 at 11:21am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I work hard on these subject titles... :P

DCTV seems to be doing awfully well right now, and even a little better after the Crisis. A new Stargirl show, a new Superman show, probably a Green Lantern show... they must be tearing up the charts with ratings!

So... what would you like to see on the CW? Any bits, any new shows, any actors who need more exposure? Limit to maybe five or six, but what are you wanting?

Me? I want the following:
ITEM: A new show based on Wonder Girl. Sure, it'll mess up the movies - as if that hasn't ALREADY happened. It introduces the Wonder Girl character; it ties into Wonder Woman; it could be set on Earth-2, if it warrants a Stargirl or JSA team up or crossover; Lynda Carter can CERTAINLY cameo as the ex-president of the United States; it's a teen show; and (in my mind) super strength effects are the easiest to simulate. None of this sword and shield stuff; just her bracelets, her tiara, and her magic lasso.

ITEM: A guest appearance or semi recurring role by Burt Ward. (God know the guy paid his due already!) Perhaps on Batwoman. I know they mention Batman, not Robin - but that doesn't mean he wasn't there. And we know he existed pre-Crisis!

ITEM: I want an arc in Supergirl set in the 31st century with the Legion of Super-Heroes. Maybe not all fourteen thousand of them, but on last week's Supergirl episode with Mxyzptlk, I figured that DCTV already has shown enough heroes for a good squad of Legionnaires. Supergirl, Superman, XS, Mon-El, Toyman, Dream Girl, Saturn Girl, Brainiac 5... so I think a half season would be fun. Perhaps Mordru, and that would allow his introduction against Stargirl (if they're gonna use him.)

ITEM: Is anyone else looking for a crossover between Elastic Lad and Elongated Man? Flash has enough light moments that I think it would work great!

One last note... if you are not watching Black Lightning, you are depriving yourself of some damned good stories. Also, it seems that the story is leaning towards introducing the Outsiders. This show keeps getting better every season, and continues to do so. If you want some great bingeing... hit at the least the past couple of seasons of BL.

Edited by Eric Sofer on 25 February 2020 at 11:43am
Back to Top profile | search

Bob Simko
Byrne Robotics Security

Negative Mod

Posted: 25 February 2020 at 12:36pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Probably not something that a CW audience would grab onto, but the
original Secret Six and the CoTU would be fun. Maybe better suited to
the upcoming HBO Max.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 February 2020 at 1:58pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Bob - I like it! ESPECIALLY CotU! They are due and OVERDUE for a TV series!

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 February 2020 at 12:08am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I'd be very interested in a Legion of Super-Heroes series.

As for adding a new character into an existing show, I'd love to see Booster Gold added to Legends of Tomorrow as the whole unsung heroes jumping around the timeline to fix anomalies thing is what his second series was all about. 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply | Post New Topic |