Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 54 Next >>
Topic: COVID-19 Virus Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2020 at 7:46am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

To give Johnson credit, he looks completely drained and worn out over this. A clear sign he is working non-stop.

Meanwhile, Trump gives an incoherent ramble / attack and hits Twitter 50 times a day.

I know which one I'm happier with.
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2020 at 9:03am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Red Lobster, at least in Tennessee, is now f***ing over its employees.

My stepson works as a server. Everyone was told about a week ago that if restaurants were shut down, everyone would be paid minimum wage while closed. A few days ago, that changed to only essential employees working and everyone handling take out orders pooling and splitting tips, with two different ships.

This morning, my stepson was called and told that instead only managers will be working, handling all the duties.....and employees will not be paid at all. And the general manager at my stepson's job is pissed.

Again, I don't know if this is corporate's doing, the regional manager's, or if its just going on at their locations in the state of Tennessee. But I know where I won't be eating if I get takeout orders during all this.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2020 at 11:24am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Well, I'm working from home for the foreseeable future.  I've been working from home since March 5th (started as self quarantine since I had attended C2E2), but my company mandated that everyone work from home, if the had the ability to do so, starting on March 13th through at least April 13th.

As of yesterday, it's been extended indefinitely, with the very real possibility of it lasting until the end of 2020.  On the plus side, they're not planning (as yet) on letting any employees go at this time.  Be that as it may, as much as I have enjoyed working from home, it does begin to get a bit old after awhile.

I do feel badly for my supervisor though.  His final day at my company is March 27th and he's supposed to start a new job on the 30th...  I hope it all works out for him.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2020 at 11:27am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Brian F. - imagine how much "fun" that Red Lobster will have when it's time to reopen. Where will they find a single qualified employee to work there? 'Cause gossip and rumors spread fast... and I'd rather be unemployed; then work at a shit hole where I'm going to be screwed over at any minute.

Not that I ate a lot at Red Lobster. But that number just went to zero.

EDIT: Fixed grammatical error to appease Mr. Byrne's pet peeve. He's right, of course, but my fingers don't know that. :P

Edited by Eric Sofer on 21 March 2020 at 6:55pm

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2020 at 12:01pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Scenes in Northern Italy are absolutely shocking, everyone should see them that is still thinking they can go out and not change their habits. They say it is more like a pneumonia than a flu, people suffocating. They move them every few hours to help their lungs but is it good treatment in the earlier stages to try and get people up and moving while they can if it is like pneumonia? I honestly don't know. There is so much we don't know. My late 70s parents at least are taking this a lot more seriously now.

U.S., in some places, is still on pace to be about as bad as northern Italy is. If you can not go out at all for a month or two it's what they are saying in Italy they wish they had've done.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2020 at 12:31pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

REPORTER: "I'm going to read you doctors on the frontlines are saying."

TRUMP: "You mean the ones who are saying good things or bad things?" 

REPORTER: [Reads doctors' pleas for protective equipment.] 

TRUMP: "...Many doctors, they can't believe the great job we're doing."

what a complete NARCISSIST.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2020 at 12:41pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Yes, Boris is an oaf, but at least he`s taking heed of
advice now.
Things are escalating here now, department stores
closing down, and holiday parks.
Been to get supplies today for first time in a week, and
the stores were devoid of long life milk, tinned goods
and toilet roll still.
The closure of pubs and clubs has cleared the shelves of
beer now!

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2020 at 12:59pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Brian F. - imagine how much "fun" that Red Lobster will have when it's time to reopen. Where will they find a single qualified employee to work there? 'Cause gossip and rumors spread fast... and I'd rather be unemployed then work at a shit hole where I'm going to be screwed over at any minute.

Not that I ate a lot at Red Lobster. But that number just went to zero.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Eric, the employees are not out of jobs. They just want them to collect unemployment until this blows over, and are even providing them with the paperwork and information to do so. But I've got a feeling they will lose plenty of employees. 

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 21 March 2020 at 1:16pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

...then...

•••

RARHRGH!!!!!!!!

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2020 at 1:21pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

what a complete NARCISSIST.

++++++++++++++
Even worse, he's a narcissist AND an egomaniac. 

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2020 at 4:49pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

From the "What The Fuck Was He Thinking? " department...

Rand's a doctor. I'm sure with everything going on, he would have self-quarantined.

But I forgot, he's one of those deniers.  Don't want  the evil government everywhere. 

Of course, that evil government congressional medical plan keeps his ass healthy.

Thoughts and prayers......

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2020 at 5:30pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Yes, Boris is an oaf, but at least he`s taking heed of
advice now.
------------------
Weeks too late. They had weeks of advance warning, yet he is closing things now?

Nova Scotia has 28 cases. The province is in a state of emergency. No more than 5 people are allowed to meet socially. Provincial and municipal parks and playgrounds are closed. Spas, bars, restaurants have been closed since Thursday. Anyone entering from outside the province is advised to self-quarantine for 14 days. We might contain it. 

<< Prev Page of 54 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |