Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Sports Talk Page of 2 Next >>
Topic: NFL Free Agency Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 17 March 2020 at 11:18pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I know, I know. We're not supposed to care about anything other than the pandemic.  It's important, yes.  Of course.  But life must go on and these, THESE, are the biggest free agent moves of the 2020 season so far...

- Tom Brady says goodbye to Pats fans on Instagram.  Most likely landing place right now is the Bucs.
- Diggs moves on from the Vikings and finds a home in Buffalo.
- Hopkins is traded from the Texans to the Cards for a song compared to what the Vikes got for Diggs.
- Hooper to the Browns for the biggest contract in the league for a TE (at least as of this post).
- Speaking of TE, the Bears sign TE Graham to a waste of money 2-year $16 mil deal.  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  
- Rivers signs with the Colts for a one-year deal.

Those are just the highlights!  What else you got? Let's discuss some off season wheeling & dealing!   
Back to Top profile | search

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 17 March 2020 at 11:21pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Bears fan reaction to the Graham acquisition is epic!  

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2020 at 12:07am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Witten to the Raiders

Brady to Bucs has been confirmed by two different sources
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 18 March 2020 at 12:33am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Witten. Who cares. A great player who was a waste in the booth and is on the extreme tail end of his career.

Brady had to have gotten everything he wanted from the Bucs because going to that franchise makes no sense otherwise over the Chargers. Money isn't an issue.  Brady don't care about that.  He's set.  He's going to get something else in the deal. 

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security

Robotmod

Posted: 18 March 2020 at 12:38am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

And if it's Brady to the Bucs, then where does that leave Winston?  Bridgewater will be signed as the presumptive starter for the Panthers, so you have two first round QB pics now up in the air.  What team is going to pick them up? 

This is a weird season where there is a glut of first round talent at QB just waiting for a team to gobble them up. Sorry, Bob, but Mitch isn't one of them!  However, rumors are that the Bears are looking at Foles.  A free agency two-fer!  Graham and Foles?  WINNING!  A CHICAGO MIRACLE!! BEAR DOWN.  

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2020 at 2:16am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Witten. Who cares. A great player who was a waste in the booth and is on the extreme tail end of his career.

++++++++++++++++++++
Sadly, have to agree. I was a fan of Witten from his college days all the way up until his short retirement. He was awful in the booth, and should have stayed retired.

As for where Brady going to the Bucs leaves Winston....who cares? Last season may have been a fluke, but he threw 33 TDs and 30 INTs. The NFL is a `What have you done for me lately?' league.

As for Foles, I wouldn't mind the Cowboys going after him if they can't work out a deal with Dak. They might have to pay close to what Prescott foolishly turned down, but at least Foles has actually made it to and won a Super Bowl.

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2020 at 11:22am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

If the Patriots knew they weren't going to sign Brady for whatever reason I'd hope they had a better backup plan than 2019 4th round pick Jarrett Stidham and five year journeyman Cody Kessler. Last year was disappointing but they still had a top defense and a 12-4 record which certainly deserves bringing in some sort of legitimate QB. Andy Dalton? Nick Foles? Alex Smith? Jacoby Brissett? Please... not Jameis Winston or Cam Newton.

Rich Marzullo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2020 at 1:22pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

It's been a wild week, capped off by the Brady news. My Giants have filled a couple of needed spots. It'll be a new landscape in the NFL, that's for sure.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 March 2020 at 10:29pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Nick Foles is apparently going to the Bears.

I'm surprised the Rams released Todd Gurley and Clay Matthews III.

Gurley has already been picked up by the Falcons.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2020 at 11:26am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I'm surprised about Gurley, not surprised abut Matthews.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 April 2020 at 2:58pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

So far the Rams, Falcons, Bucs and Browns have unveiled new uniforms.

I don't remember what the difference is with the Rams' uniforms.

The Bucs' `new' uniforms are their old uniforms after ditching the creamsicle colors and buccaneer head with a knife its mouth logo, but with a pewter alternate (Color Rush, I believe). I am just glad they ditched the digital clock looking numbers....

The Falcons have been getting burned because their new uniforms sort of resemble the prisoners' uniforms from the Adam Sandler version of The Longest Yard. Here's hoping someone starts a `Mean Machine' chant at a home game. (My personal opinion? The new uniforms are okay, but the font for the numbers is boring AND too big.)

The Browns' uniforms more or less just have the stripes removed from the jersey sleeves, and I believe the pants stripes are altered as well.

Forgot to add: The Browns and Vikings may be looking at a trade involving OBJ. 

Edited by Brian Floyd on 15 April 2020 at 2:58pm

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 April 2020 at 4:00pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Re: Falcon's uniform, they did a throwback to the 60's original jersey when they wear the white pants. Oh, if the organization had the cojones to bring back that red helmet tho...

Totally agree about the Bucs digital numbers, good riddance.

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |