Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Sports Talk << Prev Page of 2
Topic: NFL Free Agency Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 May 2020 at 9:24am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

The Dak Prescott situation is laughable. Personally, I think the Cowboys should start Dalton and release Dak. Its not worth crippling your team's future by spending money on a QB with delusions of grandeur when that money coiuld be better utilized shoring up their defense. Especially when he wants to be paid more than Russell Wilson, and hasn't accomplished squat. Someone will get paid more than Wilson. His name is Patrick Mahomes.

Personally, I don't think they should pay Dak anything until they see how he does under McCarthy. 

In other news, Joe Flacco signed a one-year deal with the Jets. My sympathies to Jets fans, who were suffering enough already.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 June 2020 at 2:52pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Patriots' Cam Newton signing was far from my first choice but I will admit they got him cheap. $1 mill base salary for a guy who just finished a 5 year deal averaging almost $21 mill per is a certainly good value for a former MVP despite his recent injuries. Incentives can bring him back up to $7.5 mill but even there he'll be making less than backups Jacoby Brissett and Marcus Mariota and about the same as backups Andy Dalton and Case Keenum. If he doesn't pan out they've lost close to nothing and it gives Stidham another year to season.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 July 2020 at 10:57pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

New news in the ongoing Redskins name drama:

Several investment fims and shareholders have written to sponsors asking them to drop their sponsorship if the team doesn't change their name. This is no joke, as those investment firms and shareholders are worth somewhere around $620 billion combined.

Of those sponsors, Nike has already taken action and either hidden or removed Redskins merchandise from their website. If you do a search for the team, nothing comes up. The other 31 teams come up just fine. And FedEx, the sponsor of their stadium, is asking the team to change its name. FedEx's contract runs through 2025, and their head honcho has a minority stake in the team. PepsiCo is the only one of the three sponsors contacted who have yet to say or do anything.

Its a hollow threat, mostly likely, but some in the government who have control over RFK Stadium are saying the team can forget about building a new stadium on that site or any of the other government controlled properties nearby if they don't get rid of the name. Snyder probably doesn't care. There's a lot of speculation that if the team gets a new stadium, ir will be in Virginia.

I have Cherokee ancestry on my mother's side of the family, and would love to see the name go. I'd also like to see the Braves get a name change, or at least get rid of the tomahawk chop motion and that beyond annoying chant. I can't even stand watching Braves' home games with the sound on. (Not that I watch their games, anyway...)

Rick, my guess is that Cam Newton is only there to mentor or back up Stidham (ie, tale over if he sucks or gets hurt), and will be somewhere else next year. If he is still with the Patriots next year, I doubt they'll get him as cheap. 

Dez Bryant still wants to be a Cowboy again. To that, I say `HELL NO!', unless he's willing to sign a one year contract for the league minimum. The team doesn't have the money to waste on him, and he stlll has issues. Sadly, I don't think they can afford either Adams or Clowney, whose names have been bandied about. Clowney would have to take less than both the Seahawks and Browns have offered him. But then again, no one in their right mind goes willingly to the Browns. Adams' top two picks for where he wants to go are the Cowboys and Saints, but neither team really has the money to afford him. 

And rumors are going around that Antonio Brown *might* end up with Brady and Gronk in Tampa. I hope not, unless Brown has had a brain transplant. 

Edited by Brian Floyd on 02 July 2020 at 10:59pm

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 July 2020 at 3:08pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Patrick Mahomes is signing a 10 year extension with the Chiefs. Apparently its for $450 million!

Dan Snyder apparently is discussing coming up with a new name for the Redskins with the team's current head coach. 

Edited by Brian Floyd on 06 July 2020 at 3:34pm

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2020 at 11:23am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Earl Thomas was released by the Ravens.

The Browns have signed LB Malcolm Smith. To show how far he's fallen, he was the MVP of Super Bowl XLVIII when he was with the Seahawks.

Philippe Pinoli
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 August 2020 at 8:25am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Not in the right thread...but I'm back for choosing
outcomes with you this season ! Greetings from La
Côte d'Azur !

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 August 2020 at 1:45pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Philippe, if we actually get a season, you're on! Stay safe... I can think of worse places to ride out the pandemic than the south of France!

Edited by Rick Senger on 28 August 2020 at 1:46pm

Philippe Pinoli
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 August 2020 at 8:14am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Thanks Rick. BTW fellow JBFers, my home is your
home if you want to show up one day !!

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 September 2020 at 8:43pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Sorry I didn't hype this up properly, but I got three new computer games AND we're having a touch of apocalypse.  But I have started the weekly picks again and the first week awaits your contributions.
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 September 2020 at 9:27am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Clowney to the Titans, on a one year deal. 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |