Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 2
Topic: Doomsday + 1 Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 April 2020 at 5:32pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

For those who are interested, here is a link to my Doomsday + 1 blog post...

For those who are not interested, feel free to ignore it :)
Back to Top profile | search | www

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 April 2020 at 6:07pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Well I learned something, I'd never known about that unpublished at the time Tom Sutton illustrated #13!

I think the four continuing characters in the original Doomsday +1 were a perfect mix, you could see this being a decent budget major network tv series in the '70s (and in a way Saturday morning's Ark II was a bit like that). It's harder to do science-fiction in a visual enough way to be successful in comics for long, Planet Of the Apes and Star Wars being so visual (and started as a Flash Gordon story in the case of Star Wars) have it, and I would've said Doomsday +1 did too, every issue was visually interesting, except I guess I was wrong since it was cancelled... twice. :^(

If Doomsday +1 was lighter, like Ark II, then Doomsday.1 is more like Terry Nation's Survivors. Something I keep hoping to get around to finding while worrying (as with the great Terry Nation tv series) it will just get going and then end).

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 04 April 2020 at 6:11pm
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Ben Herman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 April 2020 at 8:10pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Rebecca Jansen: If Doomsday +1 was lighter, like Ark II, then Doomsday.1 is more like Terry Nation's Survivors.

That's certainly a good analogy.

I'm glad you liked the blog post. I agree with your estimation of the four main characters. They played off each other very well, and it was a great ensemble piece, so to speak.

Anyway, I really would love to see a revival of Doomsday + 1, but as I mentioned in my blog, the question of who currently owns the property appears to be up in the air. If someone has more definite information on that topic, feel free to chime in.
Back to Top profile | search | www

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |