business usually don't end up being so bad. Maybe it is
because they know they are being recorded. The episode
with the dating coach was the funniest.
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 May 2020 at 11:10am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I might check that out, myself.

But I rarely pay attention to Yelp reviews. A lot of the one-star reviews tend to be from trolls, business rivals on fake accounts, or people with an axe to grind. (Just like a lot of the five-stars are probably from owners and employees or friends.)

I've only ever given one one-star review, and its for a particular Burger King where I believe they give prospective employees an intelligence test, and only hire those who fail. And that was only after multiple bad experiences there over a few years. One instance had me very close to going over the counter after the manager at the time, who thankfully is no longer there. (Tried to blame me for a screw-up that caused my order to take over 15 minutes to fill....in an almost empty restaurant with few drive-thru customers....and the order was only 3 Whoppers with nothing special done to them.)
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Wilson Mui
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 May 2020 at 9:36am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

The McDonald's near me used to be like that. My family
would make me pick up breakfast on the weekends. It would
drive me crazy how disorganized they were.

I actually use Yelp a lot and tend to avoid the ones with
bad ratings. I might be more skeptical if there are only
a few reviews.
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 May 2020 at 10:15am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

The Burger King I gave the one-star review to has been horrible for years. I am honestly surprised they're still in business. There's one about a mile farther away from my house than it, and I prefer going to it instead. I've joked that they give prospective employees an intelligence test and only hire those that fail. I have issues from them completely screwing up orders, to saying there's not enough money available on a credit card (when I know there's well over $300 available, and I'm ordering about $12 worth of food), to them taking a long time to fill an order with little to no other customers around.

Heidi is allergic to pickles. When she orders two fish sandwiches from BK or McDs, she always asks for cheese and mayo ONLY. We've had them mess that up at that Burger King twice in the last month. And one of those times she came close to taking a bite before checking. (The last screw up, they gave us two Big Kings with lettuce, tartar sauce AND pickles.)

The only other restaurant around here that was ever that bad is a KFC about a block from that BK. But they cleaned things up a long time ago, and I haven't had any problems there in years.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post Reply | Post New Topic |