Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 4
Topic: Hulk’s Limitless Strength Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2020 at 9:02am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Agreed, it's been a good run (which I've been able to read digitally thanks to my library system!) I read the first 6 Hulk issues this past year (an old friend and his brother have a podcast called "Screw it! We're just gonna talk about comics" and they went through the initial 6 issue run). It was interesting to me just how uneven those first issues were and how long it took to get Hulk "right". I think Ewing is playing with the full history of Hulk in a very interesting way. 
I hope that it ends with the Hulk no longer being immortal because I think that has its problems (I'd like Wolverine depowered, too) BUT it's interesting that these gamma creatures can't die even if they want to. It adds an element of horror for sure.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Rick Whiting
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2020 at 1:17pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

The Hulk, and a number of other Marvel heroes, has become way over powered over the last 20 years. This is one of the many reasons why I no longer enjoy and/or read current Marvel comics.
Back to Top profile | search

Mike Benson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2020 at 1:47pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I always rooted for Ben anyway.   Give me limitless heart over limitless strength any day.   
Back to Top profile | search

Noah Smith
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2020 at 7:19pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Daniel Gillotte -- Will Hines is one of my favorite improv performers on Comedy Bang Bang ... I've listened to some of his comics podcasts, but ... only so many hours in a day. Is he your friend, or his brother?
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Daniel Gillotte
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 July 2020 at 11:53am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Hi Noah! Will went to Junior high and High School with me and we shared the same comic shop as kids. His brother Kevin was also a UBC performer and they make a, dare I say it, dynamic podcast duo!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Noah Smith
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 July 2020 at 9:46am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Yeah, they're great! I should get to know Kevin better but Will's slow-burn style on CBB is so amazing. Other performers go on the show with must flashier voices and premises -- often to great effect! -- but Will approaches is with this unique off-kilter subtlety that works every time!
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |