Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | TV << Prev Page of 3
Topic: COBRA KAI Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 October 2020 at 7:43am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

And the groundwork has certainly been laid for Ali to appear. (Which
Iím hopeful for. Shue has long been one of my favorites).
Back to Top profile | search

Brandon Frye
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 October 2020 at 8:44am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

QUOTE:
Well...but they've already done that, no?  Johnny's whole gang for a rather poignant episode in the first season.  Kreese, Johnny's mentor, for Season 2 and beyond. Daniel's mom in a recurring role. The entire Dojo that Danny sets up is one big Easter Egg. The only other person they could really bring back from the original that they haven't already is Elisabeth Shue and I wouldn't at all be opposed to that.

All of those examples work because they already have close ties to Daniel or Johnny. Why wouldn't Daniel's mother appear? She's his mother. Johnny's gang are his life-long friends so it makes perfect sense they would show up. 

But there is fan talk about bringing back Chozen, Sato, Mike Barnes, even Hillary Swank's character from the 4th film.

Granted, it's all speculation and fan-wish but that's my point. When a series does extremely well, corporate suits start taking an interest and start wanting to throw in anything they think people want to see. What was it Stan Lee once said about giving the fans what they think they want?

There is even fan speculation that Terry Silver might be Miquel's father. Is that something we want to see?  

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 October 2020 at 9:50am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

But if itís done well, why does it matter?

Brandon Frye
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 October 2020 at 12:43pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

*shrug*

It only matters to whoever it might matter to.

Many things can be done well and still stretch credibility or throw off the verisimilitude.

We frequently hear this in comics;

"Yeah, Barbara Gordon will never be Batgirl again and Batman shared a laugh with the man who crippled her but why does it matter if Alan Moore told a great story?"

"Yeah Peter David writes to the bit all the time but why does it matter if they are great bits?"

Some people are content with good stories or great bits and that's fine. Personally I'm more of a verisimilitude guy. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

This is all just musing anyway. Cobra Kai is a fantastic show and I'll keep confidence it will stay that way (as long as those involved aren't interfered with). 

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 October 2020 at 3:12pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Many things can be done well and still stretch credibility or throw off the verisimilitude. 

óó

This is a series that relies on a bunch of contrivances with Sam, Miguel, and Robby to keep pulling Johnny and Daniel back into each otherís lives. The return of any of the characters youíve listed above would be mundane by comparison. (Zombie Sato notwithstanding.)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |