Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Movies << Prev Page of 3 Next >>
Topic: When Stars Die. . . Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 September 2020 at 4:01pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Eric-
Hartman was murdered by his wife during the show's summer hiatus. 
NEWSRADIO continued for a season with Jon Lovitz subbing in for Hartman as a new employee, after "Bill" was found dead. 

Edited by Andrew Bitner on 03 September 2020 at 4:02pm
Back to Top profile | search

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 September 2020 at 4:19pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

The John Ritter death was the first to come to mind, probably because how much it shocked me.

I remember when the mom from EIGHT IS ENOUGH died on the show in season 1, but didn't realize the actress had actually died until sometime later. That show made it 5 seasons.

edit for spelling

Edited by Doug Centers on 03 September 2020 at 4:20pm

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 September 2020 at 8:40pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Carrie Fisher passing had a huge effect on Star Wars Episode IX. It had already been discussed publicly that Leia was supposed to play a major central role in the film but Fishers passing obviously derailed that plan forcing the film makers to sideline the character, reuse old footage and a body double for a few scenes. 

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 September 2020 at 10:27pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Marvel boss didn't learn of Black Panther's star cancer until day of his death

No one knew about his condition outside of his inner circle, not even at Marvel Studios. He was convinced he was going to beat this and be ready and back in shape for the Black Panther sequel which makes everything even more heart breaking, if possible.

So they had/have no plans for how to proceed after this tragic event. For my money, they won't recast the T'Challa part. There will be a new Black Panther, maybe his sister Shuri. The Daniel Kaluuya character could be another possibility, but I find it stranger. 

Or they could go for broke and revive Killmonger somehow and make him the new Black Panther. If handled well it could work, and Michael B. Jordan's performance was definitely one of the film's highlights.

Brandon Lee's death while filming The Crow wasn't mentioned in the thread but I think is the most similar situation, being the lead character in a comic book adaptation. They completed the film with doubles and some CGI.

They did multiple sequels with other actors but not the same character per se, it was a different "Crow" each time apparently (from what I've been reading, I only saw the first film and never read the comics so I don't know how faithful this is).

Edited by Rodrigo castellanos on 03 September 2020 at 10:33pm

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 September 2020 at 6:43am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I'm surprised Boseman was able to keep it a secret, given that surgery and chemotherapy are time consuming, require some recovery time, and are pretty hard to hide, especially if you're shooting a movie. But it seems he kept it hidden from Marvel, which is a shame.

I think they will recast T'Challa. There are more stories to tell with him as part of the MCU. Shuri is going to be there and they may give her the mantle at some point, but I don't feel like now is the time.

Whatever they do, I hope it will be done with respect for Boseman's performance and legacy. He will always be the King.

John Harrison
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 September 2020 at 12:12pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Hartman was murdered by his wife during the show's summer hiatus.
NEWSRADIO continued for a season with Jon Lovitz subbing in for Hartman as
a new employee, after "Bill" was found dead

The 5th season w Lovitz actually got better ratings than the 3rd w Hartman.
Newsradio is a show that bounced around timeslots and was nearly canceled
so many times. Its amazing it even got a 4th season or 5th season. Tho I
refuse to watch the 5th season.

Brandon Frye
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 September 2020 at 12:29pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

QUOTE:
I remember when the mom from EIGHT IS ENOUGH died on the show in season 1, but didn't realize the actress had actually died until sometime later. That show made it 5 seasons.

Sadly, Diana Hyland was only able to do 4 episodes of that first season which didn't give viewers much of a chance to get to know her character. Otherwise her death might have had more of an impact on the show.

Brandon Frye
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 September 2020 at 12:30pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Redd Foxx died of a heart attack on the set of his new series The Royal Family. The show did not make it past it's first season

The Adventures Of Superman was apparently greenlit for one more season before George Reeves died.

Sam Houston
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 September 2020 at 5:12pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

After actor David Strickland, who starred as Todd on "Suddenly Susan", (Brooke Shield's comedy series in the 90's) committed suicide the show seemed to go in a different direction with Judd Nelson leaving shortly thereafter as well as other of the main cast.  Not clear on if the changes Imentioned were directly due to David's passing (which the show acknowledged the passing of his character), but it sure felt like it which made the show less than enjoyable for the remainder of it's run.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 September 2020 at 11:58pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Would Paul Walker of "The Fast and The Furious" count?

Back to Top profile | search | www

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 September 2020 at 2:22am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

"I'm surprised Boseman was able to keep it a secret, given that surgery and chemotherapy are time consuming, require some recovery time, and are pretty hard to hide, especially if you're shooting a movie. But it seems he kept it hidden from Marvel, which is a shame.
"

I think productions need to buy insurance for the risk of actors becoming incapacitated. An insurance company would have to check out the health of actor they are underwriting. Boseman's last movie for Marvel was Avengers Endgame, which began filming on August 2017. So his cancer diagnosis had to have happened after that date for Marvel not to have known. 

Edited by Joe Zhang on 05 September 2020 at 2:23am

Joe S. Walker
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 September 2020 at 2:38am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

If the movies have another character becoming the Black Panther, will Marvel kill off TíChalla in the comics?

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |