Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic MOBILE
Byrne Robotics | Fan Fic << Prev Page of 55 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.15--Comments Post Reply | Post New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2020 at 7:02pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

@Rebecca -

That’s one of the worst depictions of Wolverine I’ve ever seen.  

Seriously.  That is just awful.
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 September 2020 at 4:20am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

The history of Wolverine’s body hair is... odd.

Dave Cockrum gave him some, not much, arm hair that disappeared when he was in costume. When I was assigned to the book I asked if I should add hair to his costumed self. I was told NO!! ABSOLUTELY NOT! UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE!!

Then George Perez did a cover and gave him arm hair in costume. I saw that and decided the gloves—or sleeves—were off. Over the next few years I added more and more hair.

Later artists got wilder and wilder—tho that WHAT IF? cover looks like all his body hair has migrated to his head.

Richard Stevens
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 September 2020 at 5:53am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Nice work, Pablo! That kid is an intriguing mystery and has a good heart on the level of Colossus.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Steve Gumm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 September 2020 at 6:09am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

JB.. what an insanely cool twisted tell you are telling. The Pablo and Logan scene will now be burned into my X-Men memory. It is incredibly cool. After the wringer Wolverine has been through I'm happy the he is getting a helping hand from this mysterious child, cant wait to see what you have in store for the kid. EVERTIME you place Wolverine on a page I get giddy... Byrne drawing Wolverine WOOHOO!

THANKS! This site is why Al Gore invented the internet!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 September 2020 at 6:28am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Today's page is really powerful.

That second panel immediately grabbed my attention because the positioning of Wolverine's arms and the lines exploding away from the combatants remind me of the old school Marvel battles I loved! Though as I type this, I realize there's something about the tilted content of the first panel that is equally (if not more) impressive!

And those last three panels... Emotional stuff there...

I can imagine some heads exploding though. "What?!? No way, maaan! Wolverine never cries!"

John Byrne

Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 September 2020 at 6:32am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

…the tilted content of the first panel…

••

I was flipping thru some of my IRON FIST yesterday, strictly out of nostalgia, and I was struck by how many tilted horizons I used in those days. It was as if Adam West was going to leap into the fray at any moment!

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 September 2020 at 6:43am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Wow.  When was the last time Wolverine cried?  For any reason?  

All that anger and rage built up in him.  I’m kinda happy he’s letting something go.

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 September 2020 at 7:15am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

JB: I’ve already drawn a couple of pages with members of Alpha Flight. My habit of skipping ahead to clean scenes out of my brain. But the way I’ve been shuffling pages, that particular scene keeps moving further and further away!!!

I'm just happy knowing they'll appear at some point. Thank you!!

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 September 2020 at 8:32am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I wonder what Pablo is capable of with his powers. Initially, I thought we was some kind of telekinetic mutant because of how he moved the rocks, car, Logan, etc. Page 10 makes me think there is more to him than just the ability to move things with his mind. =)

JB, one of the things I appreciated about your initial run on the X-Men was team battles. The X-Men versus The Imperial Guard, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Alpha Flight, etc. all stand out as fun books because of the match ups. The Sentinel battles with the FF and Avengers coming along were lots of fun in this regard with Elsewhen. With many of the current team injured is there a future Elsewhen story that involves the full team taking on another team? Thanks in advance for any hints.

Edited by Eric Ladd on 17 September 2020 at 8:33am

John Northey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 September 2020 at 8:35am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Yet another solid page.  This is so weird reading a comic page by page, day by day.  Loving it though.  Wonder if it could work for newer creators using perhaps a patron account or something so they still can survive.

Big plus for me is reading that we are getting a lot more pages - I don't mind stuff being pushed back as that means we have lots to look forward to.  Pablo communicating through touch and silence to calm Logan down is nice.  We need more non-violent ways of dealing with issues shown in comics imo.  Yeah, violence is quick and easy but calmer methods are nice to see.  I'm guessing it is more of a challenge to do in a way that draws the reader in instead of just being a batch of talking heads or a single line 'used mental power to put everyone to sleep'.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 September 2020 at 8:48am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

One of the things I appreciate in super hero stories is the incredible, fantastic fights. But another thing I like is when fights are unnecessary and a resolution arrives without fisticuffs. Mr. Byrne, you did that latter BEAUTIFULLY here! And this was a scene that I didn't think could avoid a fight. Once again, you are a master of misdirection... surprises from every corner! LOVE IT!!!

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 September 2020 at 9:08am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Me too, Logan... me too.

<< Prev Page of 55 Next >>
  Post Reply | Post New Topic |